Politics and figure skating | Golden Skate

Politics and figure skating

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This morning I woke up trying to figure out which discipline of figure skating was McCain involved in. Only after imagining him doing a triple lutz did I realize I was still dreaming. That's what happens when two obsessions (politics and figure skating) mix! :rofl:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
LoL Well they are crossing at intersections more often lately. Condi Rice was a figure skater, and Dorothy Hamill has been sighted (on more than one occasion) to attend the Republican National Convention--and admitted openly to voting for GWB on both occasions.

Another question also to ponder--which discipline would they fit if our candidates were skaters? I'd say:

McCain - Men's singles
Clinton - Ice Dance (though she's a diva, she might be willing to share the ice with someone, the same way Fusar Poli had to share the ice with Margaglio)
Obama - Pairs
Romney - Pairs (he kinda reminds me of Peter Oppegaard, for some reason)
Paul - Men's singles (the Laurent Tobel of politics)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Hmmm, I guess I'd put Clinton into singles - I would see her doing high power moves, but can't see her in pairs where the lady actually has to put up with being thrown around by the man.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Hmmm, I guess I'd put Clinton into singles - I would see her doing high power moves, but can't see her in pairs where the lady actually has to put up with being thrown around by the man.

LoL I can see her changing the rules in dance or pairs where the woman can throw around the man. But you're right, in singles, I can see her attempting quads and triple axels--even if she doesn't have them.

I think Clinton and Obama would make a good ice dance team -- sort of like Fusar-Poli and Margaglio. :)