Belbin/Agosto ... Chances of Winning - Article | Golden Skate

Belbin/Agosto ... Chances of Winning - Article

Geesesk8

On the Ice
"Already one of the favorites, Belbin and Agosto's chances of winning the United States' first world dance title got better Wednesday when Russia's Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin, the European and Grand Prix champions, withdrew after he aggravated a knee injury....."

Complete article from USA Today -
"Classic look could lift Belbin-Agosto to 1st world title - for them and United States"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2008-03-13-1736970273_x.htm

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think that Tanith and Ben are the favorites for the gold and that they now have more pressure, (but also more chance) to win. I really pray that they can live up to their potential. If they skate as they did in Nationals or Cup of China they will win.

strawberry-kiwi

Rinkside
What a great opportunity for Tanith&Ben since all of the champions are out. So, I think they must win this or they never will. So, I really look forward to it.

layman

On the Ice
I agree with what Tanith said in the article. Facing their fear of classical music (exposing their weaknesses) has really helped this team improve. I have never seen Belbin & Agosto skate with more maturity and depth of emotion.

Technically, I see dramatically improved posture, line and extension from both skaters. The attention to position and presentation has not harmed their speed at all, nor the difficulty of their footwork and dance holds, which are still the best in the World.

I am loving their skating more than I ever have.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for bringing up their line, extension, footwork, and close dance holds. Gives me some concrete things to admire about their dancing!