Need Cheering Up | Golden Skate

Need Cheering Up

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Right now, I am feeling very "lost" and worried about my job prospects; Not many opportunites with the College I work for at the moment either. It's sort of scary. The last cut-backs really affected everything.

I feel sick. Need some good thoughts

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, what about patching together some part-time jobs until something more lucrative comes along......for example, babysitting, typing term papers, restaurant work........don't give up hope.......42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
If you think your job situation is so precarious, now would be the best time to look for a new one (Internet and other head hunters). The best time to look for a job is when you have one! Good luck and hang in there!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lad, I think RealtorGal gave you some really, really good advice.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
RealtorGal:

Thanks. Yes, I am weighing my options. It just may be the perfect opportunity for some changes. At least, I am not stuck. I can always go on UI or EI - as we call it here now.

I just found up Ebay is opening a huge customer service center here in Burnaby. There is an opportunity! Just have to put on the "old thinking cap."

aly*cutie

On the Ice
Lad Skater, I hope you can find a job that you like :) My mom doesn't like her job so she is looking for a new one. So she typed in what she wants to do and her area and a site with a list of all the jobs with what she wants to do in our area was there :)
Just don't stress yourself out. Looking for work is work. Just keep looking in those ads in the paper and the internet, and you will surely find the right job for you.