Congrats to Sweden | Golden Skate

Congrats to Sweden

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I'd just like to congratulate Sweden on this year's worlds which were well organised, with a full rink, a great audience, a great exhibition and great organisation. It would be nice to see competions like this more often. As much as the ISu's choice of Zagreb as the host city for the Euros was crap, their choice of Sweden was brilliant! Thanx Goteborg!

The audience was amazing. They cheered themselves hoarse for every skater, especially the Swedish guys. :agree:

champs

Final Flight
Have people watched the short "Welcome to Goteborg World Championships" montage clip the Swedish TV (or the hosting federation?) made? I'm talking about the one in which a local subway commuter, local restaurant chef, etc do some figure skating elements. I loved that montage, it was really nice and well made.

wishicouldskate

Rinkside
Sweden was a great host country!! My favourite part was the Swedish choral group singing live O Canada at the Men's medal ceremonies. Awesome job, and how classy, to know the anthems of all of the champion's countries! They must have had to learn many anthems, as they didn't know the outcomes. So much better than a recording. Well done!

Judy

Rinkside
I thought the country did a wonderful job. Great crowds, the singing of the national anthem - every detail seemed well looked after. Congratulations on doing a first class job!

It was so nice to see the big crowds and hear their enthusiasm. Thanks, Sweden! You're right up there with Korea, Japan, and Seattle!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved the enthusiasm of the Swedes. They were supportive of every skater, regardless of nationality. I saw the medal ceremonies on youtube, thanks to a friend's tip. Too bad they weren't shown on US TV. I thought the chorale sang beautifully and it was very touching. :agree: :)

It was cute hearing Abba's "The Winner Takes It All" after each ceremony. :rofl:

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
On behalf of all Swedes - THANK YOU! - and welcome back soon!

Second that! It was the biggest party I ever went on!! :rock: Everything was amazing, the atmosphere was at the top all the time! Right now it's just so empty... I miss you all!!

Tigger

Final Flight
Yes indeed. Congratulations to Sweden on pulling off a wonderful World Championships. Thank you for a very memorable week.

I just wish I could have been there. The atmosphere coming off the TV was amazing!!