• All of the above

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rtureck

Final Flight
First thing first, tomorrow 8/15 is Jennifer Kirk's 19th birthday, so

Happy Birthday Jenny, and many more

I like her at first sight, her Pochahontas program was so cute, she was only 14. She has a doll (I mean that in a good way) like balletic grace. Every move is natural, nothing looks forced. Jenny is a fierce competitor. Unfortunately she was held back because of injuries. I hope she is recovering nicely, and break into top 4 at US nationals.

So back to original question, what should she do to place well and or make the world team? :)

Last edited:

aly*cutie

On the Ice
I also think that she should take care of herslef first, she's gonna need to be healthy. Everthing will fall into place. :)

dewet

Final Flight
I think she should skate pairs, much less jumps so she doesn't have to fix the flutz. It also sounds like she's having fun with it too. Happy Birthday, Jenny!

I think Jenny is a talented lady. I think Jenny and other ladies must think of this figure skating as a sport. She's got her work cut out given the superior skating of the USA senior ladies division. She should concentrate on strategy as well as the many tricks she needs to get a decent technical mark.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I went for the "Pairs" option. The U.S. is hurting for premier pairs teams. She is lovely and light, has all the basics down, and yes, the U.S. ladies' field is very deep at this time.......42

shine

Record Breaker
I thought Jenny had a very special spark when she was younger. The 60's medley she skated to as an exhibition number a few years back was just filled with natural charisma. But in last few times I've seen her the spark somehow seemed to be missing. I don't know how she can fine it back, but maybe skating to music that she truly loves and feels will help. I also hope she improves her stroking and edging. I would like to see her move with her entire body and fill the ice more. She needs to take more command and have more confidence, to feel the ice and really own it instead of looking like she's scared of it.

Last edited:

NanSinger2

On the Ice
show 42 said:
I went for the "Pairs" option. The U.S. is hurting for premier pairs teams. She is lovely and light, has all the basics down, and yes, the U.S. ladies' field is very deep at this time.......42

I totally agree, and I can't wait to see her pairs debut!

Having given more thought to this, I think Jenny will handle herself well in the Grand Prix. I can see her making the finals if she skates her best.

But for Nats, she is not among the favorites of the USFSA. The Nats are generally, the benchmark for the Worlds chosen.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
I think Kirk may have a slight chance. Michelle Kwan may retire, AP & SC are not exactly the most consistnt skaters out there.
Between Kirk and YeBin, I will take Kirk's competitive skills anyday. Remember at national practice she was falling all over the place, and pulled out a 6 triple 3t/3t performance? OTOH, Sasha Cohen was supposed to take it all, according to Peggy Flemming who chose Sasha to win, and Cohen left some of her best at practice ice.

Back to topic, and poll, I go with pairs. :)

Can't wrong you in that analysis. Last year, Sasha was defintely named as the Year of Sasha. It didn't happen but it could happen this yearl She is an easy pick by he USFSA, as is MK. They will be held up even with a meltdown.

It's the third place that is at stake. It is either Jenny or AP. Two very different skaters! That is what we will be watching at the US Nats. The placements are irrelevant. It's results are the world team!

Next year keep your eye on Bebe!

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
All of the Above... and I agree... she'd make a wonderful pairs skater... she can do it! :D