Adult Silver MITF - 3 turn question | Golden Skate

Adult Silver MITF - 3 turn question

jnskateva

Rinkside
Hi,

My friend is taking her Adult silver MITF test in May and she wasn't sure about the number of three turns required for each foot for outside and inside forward and backwards three turns.

The diagram has 4 turns per side, but her coach said 3 is ok. I'll ask my coach when I have my lesson this Friday, but wanted to see if anyone has taken it and the number of three turns per foot you completed. Usually I can't do more than 3 per foot per side.

Thanks in advance

Kristin

Rinkside
Hi,

My friend is taking her Adult silver MITF test in May and she wasn't sure about the number of three turns required for each foot for outside and inside forward and backwards three turns.

The diagram has 4 turns per side, but her coach said 3 is ok. I'll ask my coach when I have my lesson this Friday, but wanted to see if anyone has taken it and the number of three turns per foot you completed. Usually I can't do more than 3 per foot per side.

Thanks in advance

3 is fine, especially if you have a taller adult.

jnskateva

Rinkside
MITF 3 turn pattern

Thanks for both of your input - I've relayed this to my friend and will ask my coach too, since I'll be working on them in two weeks or so after Nationals.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I've been working on these for a few years. When I started, and from time to time when I'm reworking certain details of the technique, I do them slower and smaller and fit four sets on a side, but my coach wants the goal to be skating them with more confidence and speed and as a result more ice coverage so that only three sets will fit.

Kristin

Rinkside
I've been working on these for a few years. When I started, and from time to time when I'm reworking certain details of the technique, I do them slower and smaller and fit four sets on a side, but my coach wants the goal to be skating them with more confidence and speed and as a result more ice coverage so that only three sets will fit.

That's a good goal! 3 sets for an adult are a good goal because it forces you to push better which will make the turns easier (honestly!). When they are done too slowly/small, the turns are harder to do.