Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Shock and Dismay: Worst Programs Evah

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I hate all of Philippe Candeloro's programs.. or they're all stupid, anyway. He seriously used to scare me when I was 12 years old. I had dreams that he was chasing me.. honestly.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I thought it was a cover version of Britney Spears "Oops I did it again."

Another sign of tastelessness, for sure.

However, after he takes of the baby clothers, they start playing Sex Bomb so Baby-Sex Bomb is a reasonable designation.

OK--the part where he borrows choreography from Britney Spears...

Why oh why did I not heed the warnings? I wish I had not watched that!

gio

Medalist
You are absolutely right and I thought this was sucha good point that I printed it out and hung it on my "Unbearable Fabulosity" board in my office - the place where I put all things that speak to me, inspire me and above all remind me that its easy to sit in the cheap seats & judge the accomplishments of others... For that, you receive the official :bow::bow::bow:

KW

Hehe, I'm honored to be on the board of your office! :laugh: Especially because you are Kwanford Wife :)
Jokes apart, ITA, sitting on a seat and judging the work of others is extremely easy.

Now a question to blue dog, that said that Tonya Harding SP in 1992 was the worst ever. Tell me your motivation. Explain how on earth can this program be labbeled worst ever. You may not like her, but saying it's the worst...Maybe because of the bad sit spin? That program was IMO one of the best SP in 1992. She didn't "just" land the 3A (Skate America), but her program had artistry. I just cannot see how this can be the worst program ever?

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
we shouldnt rip skaters programs unless we can skate it better.
We shouldn't rip skaters because it's mean, but why shouldn't we criticize performances? I probably couldn't direct a film, compose music, skate a program with anything more than crossovers, or be a good president. Does that mean I cannot express a negative opinion, ever, about anyone who can do these things most of the time, but is not consistently perfect?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, I don't see any reasons we shouldn't criticize choreo, costumes or choreography, myself. I do think that in doing so, we should remember that that skaters are real people and they and their loved-ones might actually read what we write here.

ciroc83

Rinkside
I hate all of Philippe Candeloro's programs.. or they're all stupid, anyway. He seriously used to scare me when I was 12 years old. I had dreams that he was chasing me.. honestly.

hahahaha that's one of the funniest things i've heard in a very long time.

gio

Medalist
We shouldn't rip skaters because it's mean, but why shouldn't we criticize performances?

It's ok to criticize in a constructive way IMO. But here a lot of people said "that program is the worst ever" without even giving an explaination. That is very easy to do from a chair. ;)

fairly4

Medalist
i know i am in the minority / but the Torvill & dean 1984 olympic program is the worst, why not because of the skate--but how they skated.
it was all arms. --nothing to it.
it also made me dislike the Bolero music which before i loved.
it was played way too much after the olympics --in everything.
torvill & dean are great skaters, but i didn't like that program. yes they definitely skated way better than i could. but i didn't like how.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Hehe, I'm honored to be on the board of your office! :laugh: Especially because you are Kwanford Wife :)
Jokes apart, ITA, sitting on a seat and judging the work of others is extremely easy.

Now a question to blue dog, that said that Tonya Harding SP in 1992 was the worst ever. Tell me your motivation. Explain how on earth can this program be labbeled worst ever. You may not like her, but saying it's the worst...Maybe because of the bad sit spin? That program was IMO one of the best SP in 1992. She didn't "just" land the 3A (Skate America), but her program had artistry. I just cannot see how this can be the worst program ever?

To me, the music choices and cuts ruined the program. She could have used something that suited her style even more. In the middle of the program, the music takes a weird turn, which has nothing to do with either theme in the program. Not to mention, she doesn't relate very well to the final two pieces of music.

I actually like Tonya Harding, but I think she would've been "forgiven" by the judges and have gotten an Olympic medal that year had she had better music choices.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
It's not the generic sex bomb program he's done a few times.

This one he starts out in a baby carriage and then climbs out and is dressed like a baby and does babyish things and then (while still in the character of the baby) rips off the baby clothes to show a ripped muscleman body (while still maintaining baby body language as much as possible) and starts doing pelvic thrusts ... words just fail me, you have to see it for yourself (if you can stand it - warning it has the power to sap your will to live as one poster here put it).

The only way I can think of it as funny is if Plushenko has an adult baby fetish and finally found the perfect way to publicly indulge in it or to imagine his horror when he finds out that a) there are people with an adult baby fetish and b) he's just given them a new source for self-gratification.

If it's that one then I agree!!!! That was so wierd!!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight

Wrlmy

Medalist