Greatest Lady Skater Of All Time | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Greatest Lady Skater Of All Time

Who is the greatest lady figure skater (singles) of all time and why?

• PEGGY FLEMING

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • DOROTHY HAMILL

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • JANET LYNN

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • MICHELLE KWAN

Votes: 113 52.8%
  • KATARINA WITT

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • TARA LIPINSKI

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • OKSANA BAIUL

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • SARAH HUGHES

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • IRINA SLUTSKAYA

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • OTHER

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters

Becca84

Rinkside
I think Kristi is the best... Of course she's the skater I loved watching as a child & the reason I fell in love w/ f.s....

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
How can it be that Sonja Henie is not in the poll? She's my choice for the greatest lady skater ever. No one will ever surpass the influence and importance in the history of ladies figure skating that she had.

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Sonja Henie. She made modern figure skating popular. Without her, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I am loving you Sonja Henie fans out there! Yes, she should have been on the poll. And there were skaters before her that should have honorable mention as wellfor pioneering the sport for women.

Sonja introduced white ice skates to the sport as well as helped popularize the Zamboni for ice resurfacing for her ice shows.

(from the Zamboni website)
-1950 Frank formed the Frank J. Zamboni Company; Sonja Henie saw and bought a machine which Frank drove to Chicago to deliver

And yes, I am partial...I must admit!

Last edited:

temujin

Rinkside
Tough choice but I'd have to go with Sonia Henie because of her legacy to the sport, as well as winning multiple Olympic and World titles over a long career. Katarina Witt would be a close second though.