Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Alexei Urmanov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexei Yagudin

Votes: 28 32.2%

• Total voters

All that Jazz

Rinkside
Sorry, I've only mentioned skaters I've watched myself in the "younger" past, so no "old" Gladiators here! ;) State others, if you like!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm editing my post because I had forgotten about Dick Button. He is definitely my choice fro greatest male skater of all time. John Curry would be my choice for greatest artist of all time.

Last edited:

mpal2

Final Flight
It was a hard choice between Kurt and Alexei, but I had to go with Alexei. He has very good competitive programs that are fun to watch. I think he can only get better with Pro (fun) programs if we can get some sort of pro competition back on track.

Kurt Browning is incredible, but I really think his best skating programs have come as a pro. The jumps went away, but most of his programs have been amazing. I think Nyah is his best ever. Not the version where he added in jumps for a competition, but the no jump pure skating routine. :love:

Edited: I can't believe I overlooked Brian Boitano. AAAGGGHHH!
It's very hard to choose between the 3.

Lynn226

On the Ice
Kurt Browning is my all-time favorite athlete.

I would add Brian Orser and Todd Eldredge to the all-time greats list.

GoldenLady

On the Ice
When I read the title of this thread, Kurt Browning immediately came to mind, so it was an easy choice for me. :)

mzheng

Record Breaker
It is a difficult choice for me to choose Kurt or Alexie.

Kurt is the one bring my attention to man FS. Alexie is the only other male skater I would follow event by envent for now. I like both of their skating and the passion they poured into their program. However, based on personal achievements in eligible rink, I have to choose Alexie.

curious

Final Flight
Plushy has the potential to be the best. He is only 20 years old and already a two time world champ,not to mention a silver medallist in his first olys. Alexei is great too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt he takes command of the ice, and Alexei even says he takes a lot from Kurt's skating and has huge ammount of respect, so I take that to mean Kurt's better than Alexei in Alexei's eyes...

Scott Hamilton is a clown, and I love him, but he's not anywhere near the brilliance of a serious Kurt(though Scott's had a few of those serious pieces that remind you why he's 1984 Olympic Champion)

I agree about those that should be on the list... I'd like to add Paul into the mix... comeback kid if there ever was one! :D

mike79

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
Kurt he takes command of the ice, and Alexei even says he takes a lot from Kurt's skating and has huge ammount of respect, so I take that to mean Kurt's better than Alexei in Alexei's eyes...

Scott Hamilton is a clown, and I love him, but he's not anywhere near the brilliance of a serious Kurt(though Scott's had a few of those serious pieces that remind you why he's 1984 Olympic Champion)

I agree about those that should be on the list... I'd like to add Paul into the mix... comeback kid if there ever was one! :D

ITA with that.

All that Jazz

Rinkside
I would add Brian Orser and Todd Eldredge to the all-time greats list.
I agree about those that should be on the list... I'd like to add Paul into the mix... comeback kid if there ever was one!
Sorry, this system allows only 10 options, as a result I've to set some priorities. Since the selection is not about personal taste, I'd say real big career achievements. But I agree, Brian Orser at least should've been in it.
Todd Eldredge? Not really. And who is Paul? :confused:

Last edited:

Pookie

Final Flight
I would say Scott Hamilton of those listed. I've not been a huge fan but he has been loved by audiences for a lot of years.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
And who is Paul?

Paul Wylie 1992 Olympic Silver Medalist... he may not have a lot of titles... but he certainly commanded teh ice as a professional... and still has some of the BEST lines... he doesn't skate much anymore but he's in several specials this year