Hot to trot/Not so hot lessons & practices | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hot to trot/Not so hot lessons & practices

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
:D :D :eek:

I PASSED!

If anyone is looking for exercise today, you might want to get it by pulling me down off the ceiling or out of the clouds, because I'm just so excited I can't sit still!

My test today was Adult Silver Freestyle, and though I had bouts of nervousness all through the night and today, when they called my name and I stepped on the ice, I was amazingly calm. I decided to relax into the program, and things just clicked. While there were some individual things I might have done better, I felt like my artistic expression was "on" and I was having a blast out there! I completed all of my elements with no bobbles or wavering, and my power was good and I covered the ice nicely (it's a larger rink than where I've been practicing).

One extremely funny thing happened. After pouring my heart into it, at the end I do a scratch spin. This spin makes me totally dizzy, but I did a very nice one, came out nicely, ended exactly on time with the music with my one leg crossed behind on the toepick and my arms straight up (the same way my program starts). For a split second, all was perfect, no motion, just "the pose."

But then in the next second, the ice started spinning around me like I had vertigo and I slightly pitched forward and a very loud WHOOOP! escaped from my lips and then I straightened back up again. I must say, it was hilarious, and I could see the judges laughing. But what was totally cool was the adults in the audience (mothers & dads of other testers)--they had started to clap politely at the end, but when this happened, they just ROARED, clapped really loudly, and some gave me a standing ovation! When I came off the ice, my coach was jumping up and down and screaming "You nailed it! You nailed it!" and several of the parents actually hugged me. It was just so nice.

I got great marks from the judges and wonderful comments--good jumps and spins, skater moved well, good power & posture, nice flow, strongly & confidently presented, very nicely done--so I'm high as a kite.

Sorry if this sounds like bragging, I'm just high on adrenaline. Of course, next week I immediately begin working on my (LAST!) gold test. But this time I have a couple of months to prepare, and I'm determined to make it the best skate of my life.

Hope everyone had a great day. Me and the weenie arm are going to sit on the couch and read People magazine!

starshinexavier

On the Ice
CONGRATS CINDY!!!! You're sooo amazing! The skating gods sure were in your corner today, esp. with your cast situation! I'm soo proud of you! I can totally see you at AN now! What kind of marks did you get, and what did you need to pass? We need details here girl! You sooo deserve the adrenaline high you have, and I hope it lasts for some time. CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D

P.S. 9 days till I move!!!

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Star baroness - thank you SO much! My gosh, I had barely posted my reply and there you were with your kind words! You sweetie, you! And I can feel your adrenaline building as your move comes closer! Wish I could be there to help you, or at least wave crazily goodbye when you pull away--and then be at the other end, grinning like an idiot when you pull up! You're going to wow them at school, no doubt.

My marks--well, I'm totally happy with them because I've been griping about how non-artistic I am, and I actually did better on presentation than on technical merit! :rolleye: Passing average for eact is 2.7, for a passing total for the test of 5.4. All three judges gave me 2.9s for my presentation and two gave me 2.9s and one 2.8 for my technical! My coach was very excited about how "over" I was in the marks. The senior judge had stayed late especially to judge my silver level, and when I thanked him on his way out, he said it was such a pleasure to watch a lovely skater and an exceptional performance. Yowza! What a nice guy.

OK, before my head gets too big and becomes top heavy and I fall over and have to get casted again, I'm going to remember the MILLION things I still have to work on and perfect. This might have been an o.k. level for silver, but baby I want those fields of gold, so it will be nose to the icestone again next week (after traveling to Atlanta and Biloxy Monday through Wednesday).

Are you packed? What's the most important thing you're bringing with you from home (besides your skates, silly girl!)?

starshinexavier

On the Ice
Cinderella on Ice said:
Star baroness - thank you SO much! My gosh, I had barely posted my reply and there you were with your kind words! You sweetie, you! And I can feel your adrenaline building as your move comes closer! Wish I could be there to help you, or at least wave crazily goodbye when you pull away--and then be at the other end, grinning like an idiot when you pull up! You're going to wow them at school, no doubt.

No problemo! I'm soo proud of you and how far you've come since I joined this message board. Like I've said earlier, you're my hero! I would love it if you were there to greet me when I got there. That would just be too perfect! And yes, the adrenaline is getting higher and higher as the big day approaches. I'm even happier now that I know I have a part time job up there at a Beer Store near the campus and my arena! ;)

Are you packed? What's the most important thing you're bringing with you from home (besides your skates, silly girl!)?

I'm not packed at all. I don't have everything yet. I will be packing the night before 10 minutes before I go to bed! :laugh: I'm taking my skates, clothes (duh!), a mini fridge, a tv, stereo, clock, towels, bed stuff, shower stuff, my Clay Aiken poster :love: , my Spongebob poster, miscellenous decorations, CD's, a COMPUTER! (yes ladies and gentlemen, I won't be leaving the building!), school stuff and methinks that's about it. I can't wait!

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
YAY Cinderella!!!!! Did anyone tape your program?? I'm sure we'd all love to see it somehow! :love: I admire you so much for your confidence and, as Dick Button would say, "attack" w/ skating. Congrats on this milestone and good luck for conquering the next one!!

starshine: I leave for school in a week! Eeek! Are you nervous? I am, but I'm excited as well. Are you living w/ a roommate?

No skating for me today, not until Monday. :cry: Too much to do!!

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Aw, shucks, thanks for the kind words everyone. :eek: You're all too kind.

Sorry, there was no videotaping of the test because up until now I could barely even stand to know that people were WATCHING me skate! I thought about asking the judges to turn their heads away and I could just give them a running play-by-play of what I was doing out there! :laugh: But I promised Glacierskater that I would have hubby videotape me doing the program in the next couple of weeks and make it available, so I will do that.

Thanks again!

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Starshine - well, you sure can't go wrong if Clay and Spongebob are joining you at school! :laugh: And I see by your new job that you get to keep your "Baroness" crown!

Rachel - you have every right to be excited. You and Starshine are going to have a blast at your new campuses!

Hope you'll both have time for skating among all the other new things you'll be doing. Of course, after a few weeks, we're going to want PICTURES!!! of all your new friends, your new digs, etc.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Cinderella on Ice said:
:D :D :eek:

I PASSED!

If anyone is looking for exercise today, you might want to get it by pulling me down off the ceiling or out of the clouds, because I'm just so excited I can't sit still!

Woo Hoo Cinder! That's great! Looking forward to Lake Placid!

starshinexavier

On the Ice
rachelstarlet said:
starshine: I leave for school in a week! Eeek! Are you nervous? I am, but I'm excited as well. Are you living w/ a roommate?

Rachel, I'm not nervous, but supremely excited! A girl I work with went there and she's filled me in on all the info I need to know, which has just made me MORE excited! Are you nervous? I don't have a roommate. I was fortunate enough to get a single room. :D Do you have a roommate?

Cindy, I was laughing soo hard after reading your post! :laugh: I'm happy I can continue on as a Baroness. It has special meaning to me (I loved the Beer Baron eppy of the Simpsons, and my high school mascot was the Baron). I will get pics and as soon as I do, I will post them.

I said goodbye to my coach today of 11 years. :cry: I didn't cry, but I wanted to. She gave me a present too for passing my interpretive back in June. It's a figurine of a skater doing a layback. Ironic, since I can't really do them. I'm really gonna miss her, since in the past few years, she's been like a sister to me. Me and my coach On a happier note, I start at my new club 2 weeks Monday. I'm looking forward to being back on the ice, and I will be able to participate in this thread a little better then.

Happy Skating!

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
starshine: I do have a roommate, and her name is Rachel! Isn't that funny/weird? I talked to her on the phone the other day and she seems really nice. We talked about skating for a couple minutes, that was cool :) I think I'm getting more and more excited and less nervous as the day comes closer. Which is good!

I want to go skating! But alas, I have too much to do.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Just popping in to say a quick "hi." Cinder, congrats, congrats!!! Starshine, good luck with move and all. You too Rachel. I'll be back on the ice on Tuesday. Take care, everyone!:)