New design (and new issue) of IFS magazine website. | Golden Skate

New design (and new issue) of IFS magazine website.

The picture of Oksana looks like a face that has launched a thousand ships. In ten years she appears to be a middle aged woman. Que triste! But I am sure she will skate with much emotion that she didn't have as a teenager, and I am looking forward to it.

Shizuka is contorting herself with the best of them. My question:
Why is extreme flexibility so important to figure skating?

Joe

d accord, Norlite. Nous sommes toute victims d l'age.

Ma Francais est terrible y mon mechanique de ecrit no a accents.

Je peut ecrir plus mellor en Espanole.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joe- I was thinking the same thing - Oksana just didn't quite look like her age. :eek:

Last edited:

Blade1

On the Ice
Looks Great !

Apparently according to one of the articles, Oksana just might be joining SOI this year as a "guest skater" Interesting !!

Lisa

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Que triste!

Je ne peux qu'être d'accord avec vous! :( Norlite, c'est parfaitement vrai, cependant il faut avouer qu'elle fait facilement dix ans de plus.

I can only hope that she feels younger than she looks :( If I was her I would probably "kill" the photographer ;)

Norlite

On the Ice
Ok, everyone to their own opinion, like always! :)

But I just don't see the "aged" look others see when they look at that picture. (we are talking the cover right? I didn't look inside)

I do see a massively retouched photo, bad make-up, bad eyebrows, and Oksana has never really had the bone structure of a classic beauty, but, because of the retouching, I don't see someone as Joe called "middle-age" looking. :confused:

blondeanglskate

Rinkside
Just wondering did anyone else sign up on the site? I did a few days ago and they have me listed but they havent sent me my password! How am i supposed to login?

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Norlite said:
Ok, everyone to their own opinion, like always! :)

But I just don't see the "aged" look others see when they look at that picture. (we are talking the cover right? I didn't look inside)

I do see a massively retouched photo, bad make-up, bad eyebrows, and Oksana has never really had the bone structure of a classic beauty, but, because of the retouching, I don't see someone as Joe called "middle-age" looking. :confused:

ITA, retouched photo's look so odd.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
FYI "The face that launced a thousand ships" is a compliment, although it doesn't seem you meant it that way.

From Barleby's:

"A line from the sixteenth-century play Doctor Faustus, by Christopher Marlowe. Faustus says this when the devil Mephistopheles ... shows him Helen of Troy, the most beautiful woman in history. The “thousand ships” are warships, a reference to the Trojan War."

Oksana or any woman would be pleased to have that phrase applied to her, and that comparison to Helen of Troy. :)

I looked at the IFS site the other day with my dial-up connection. As that image was slowly loading, the first thing that struck me was that her body looked good in that outfit. (And I'm no Baiul fan - I still think Nancy shoulda won.) Her face just suffers from the usual ISU excessive retouching.