Why do men watch figure skating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Why do men watch figure skating?

Why do men watch figure skating?

• Because their wives/girl friends make them.

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • So they can ogle pretty ladies in skimpy costumes.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • To root for their favorite against the enemy.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Because they enjoy the beauty and grace of the sport.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Because they admire the skill and athleticism of the performances.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

cygnus

Rinkside
Mr Cygnus will watch with me for a while. He likes the athletic skaters- men and pairs (no patience with Dance at all). And he gets turned of by the "effeminate" men (mentioning no names!).
When he does watch the women- he likes Katerina Witt (pro) and Maria Butyrskaya ie more mature women rather than little girls.

bleuchick

On the Ice
cygnus said:
Mr Cygnus will watch with me for a while. He likes the athletic skaters- men and pairs (no patience with Dance at all). And he gets turned of by the "effeminate" men (mentioning no names!).
When he does watch the women- he likes Katerina Witt (pro) and Maria Butyrskaya ie more mature women rather than little girls.

sound so much like my bf.

on the other hand, my father likes watching jus to see the skaters(both men and women fall). He always says ..."now why are they
always upset when they fall."

Lisa

On the Ice
My husband watches from time to time for about 15 minutes, usually he manages to read while watching ;). I think he would be a little bit more interested if we had successful skaters who could make the podium :confused:
Nevertheless, I've voted for "skill and athletism" because one of my best friends actually watches with huge interest and knowledge of the sport. (He is not German btw. ;) )

Lisa

On the Ice
Do boys count, too? My son (7) watches with me from time to time - not for long, though - and he is impressed with the jumps. Another point for athletism.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
My husband has evolved from "because my wife makes me" to "watching the girls in the short skirts" to a true appreciation of the sport for its athleticism and skill. He has played competitive hockey his whole life, and even he admits they could skate circles around the great hockey players. He truly feels that there is far more physical training involved in skating than there is in hockey. Hockey is all about natural talent and luck, you have it or you don't.

My husband has now joined the ranks of skating fans who will watch even if I am NOT home, and he even tapes events for me without my asking!!! How fortunate I am!