Thread: Dance Blades - Advice?

Hybrid View

Rinkside

Dance Blades - Advice?

We (Kim and I) have been dancing together seriously for about 1 year. We have tested through and competed pre-bronze and are now working on bronze dances. We feel that it would be realistic to get as far as silver dances over the next number of years and have invested in new dance boots. We are interested in feedback regarding dance blades. We are leaning toward MK dance and are considereing parabolics, however that may be to great a leap. We would welcome any suggestions anyone can provide. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thanks for joining us, Kim and David.

I am transfering this thread to the "Lutz Corner" folder, which is where skaters gather on Golden Skate to discuss technical matters involving their own skating. You will get more responses there.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I asked a similar question a few months ago and found that dance blades and boots are not really nessicary until the higher level dances. If you are a partnership, however I can see why you would want the shorter blades. I am just doing the tests, I do not have a partner, so although I would not have need of them, I think you would find it better.

here is a nice answer that I got from my question...

Good dance blades are about $700 for MK Dance - the lower priced blades are not true dance blades as they are really modifications of a freeskate blade ie Coronation Dance....unless you can get your hands on a pair of John Wilson Dance 99's or even Silver Dance.
    the Wilson Superdance i hear are no good...if you considering those.
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 04-24-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Are you only dancing or still doing FS?

Rinkside
    Only dance

Custom Title
    I have Ultima Ascend dance blades & am very happy w/ them.