2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

liketotally

On the Ice
Jenni Vahamaa Finlandia SP (Howl's Moving Castle):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDX-piSYmeQ&feature=user

I'm kind of disappointed. I was really looking forward to this, but the choreography didn't suit the music that well.

She wasn't using her music at all, it's as if it just happened to be playing as she was skating.

That said, I still find her a lovely skater. Even if she is having some (obvious) difficulty with her jumps.

The Kerrs New OD was filmed by a guy named Ritti at Nebelhorn.

This is the best yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFrU6iPN5s

:rock::clap::clap::love:
Unfortunately, the audio is to creaky, so I didn't really get their timing, although I am sure it was perfect. It will only get better as the weeks move on. btw, he is so animated throughout and so talented. I think if he had gone to Singles he would have been a Curry revisited.

Eevun

Final Flight
Kevin van der Perrens SP from Finlandia Trophy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jevQ0BTu4

I'm not too sure I like it at all.... :(
Thanks for posting, darling! I tend to agree with you. Technically, it's brilliant, it's wonderful to see such a comeback after his surgery. But I don't think I like the program, neither the music or the dress... *spooky*

The Kerrs new FD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dmfg5OCXiE
Very dramatic, I reaaaally loved it. I hope they get the scores they deserve this season.
Wow!! I love it! I was touched to tears when I watched it. They always give such a new-thinking, fresh impression. Can't wait for the next competition!

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Kevin van der Perrens SP from Finlandia Trophy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jevQ0BTu4

I'm not too sure I like it at all.... :(

I think that they music is a great choice and I love how he hit the 3 axel right to the music. Hate the outfit, and he looks very slow in parts of the program, but it entertained me.

Here is Sarah Meier's FS at the Finlandia Trophy... to the yeloow river concerto. She seems to be having problems with her 3 loop, but her spins have improved. I don't like the dress for this program and I just keep comparing it to Bebe's who moved more naturally to this music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2tX4mU_HTE

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
I like that she is trying somthing fast paced....it is very diffrent than her usual programs and yes, i love the dress, but I feel as if the chreography was taken right out of a carolina kostner program.

Actually I am not getting the fuzz over this program. It is good, but not great. And there's still something generic about her presentation that just makes the programs that she does look alike no matter what she skates to..just IMO.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I like that she is trying somthing fast paced....it is very diffrent than her usual programs and yes, i love the dress, but I feel as if the chreography was taken right out of a carolina kostner program.

I actually remember every single step of each of Carolina's program and I see nothing of her in this :) ..actually Kostner never skated to latin music except as she was novice or so.. Well, she will this year as she chose Tango.

At first sight I can only say I prefer Sarah's 2008 SP, but I can't hear the music very well so I'm waiting to watch it at the Gp.

Medusa

Record Breaker
i wouldn't worry about liking it or not. He did all the requirements for the SP and he skated them well. That's what he had to do. It's supposed to be the Technical part of the competition.

But perhaps van der Perren should care about his sp - it's actually one of his problems. His personal best for the short program is 72.83. That's really low for a top ten senior men's skater. And that's his personal best - he sometimes scores lower than 70. His freeskates on the other hand are point-wise right up there with the top men. At worlds he had 70 points in the short program, a normal score for him. The top men always score a bit lower or higher than 80, even without a Quad.

If van der Perren had done that, Bronze would have been his (he would have needed a normal top men score of 78 points in the short). Same goes for Skate Canada where he scored 66 points (he had a fall, but it didn't cost him a lot of points - plus there was a 4-3). 77 points in the short (that's about the score Joubert and Lambiel get with a fall) would have been enough at Skate Canada to claim the victory.

The problem is for vdPerren that the short is nothing else but the freeskate - with less jumps in it. vdPerren's freeskates are often (not always) good, because his consistent jumping really pays off here. His weaknesses, the spins and also often the steps, aren't as important in the freeskate, because he can regroup with the jumps.

I think it's rather funny that in this season the difference between the short and the free is just one: you have 5 more jumping passes.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Kevin's left his coach of 6 years, and is now with a new one. Maybe things will change for him. Maybe not.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Asada: SP - Lori Nichol, LP - Tarasova
Flatt: SP - Lori Nichol, LP - Lori Nichol
Zhang: SP - Lori Nichol, LP - Lori Nichol
Nagasu: SP - Lori Nichol, LP - Lori Nichol
Meissner: SP - Lori Nichol, LP - Lori Nichol

Choreographic variety is underrated anyway...

I don't pay much attention to Personal Best Scores. I just watch skaters for that competition and come to my own determination who skated the best that night.

Kevin is a top 10 skater - an elite skater. No need to drag him down when he is injured. No need to drag any skater down. Corrective criticism is the way to go.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think it's rather funny that in this season the difference between the short and the free is just one: you have 5 more jumping passes.

Hah, true!

I'd like to see the GoE values for spins increased to the same as jumps (all Spirals and Footwork should be on the same level too, not just the level 4).