2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

kandidy

Final Flight
And Yukari Nakano!
The music of SP for 2008/2009 season: “Romance” from “The Gadfly Suite” by D. Shostakovich
Choreography: Marina Zueva
All I can say is...:biggrin:

Yukari's choice of music is always good and the pieces are not overused. I like her cinderella's choreography very much. Hope she can improve her jump rotation and leg's wrap.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
And Yukari Nakano!
The music of SP for 2008/2009 season: “Romance” from “The Gadfly Suite” by D. Shostakovich
Choreography: Marina Zueva
All I can say is...:biggrin:

I am not fimiliar with this music, but will try and listen to some clips. Am I right in saying that Marina has not done any choreography for a long time? it will be nice to have her back!

Why aren't the american ladies/girls announcing their programs?? I can't wait!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I am anxiously waiting too!!!!!
That music sounds great for Yukari and Marina is a great choreo! I think she may have choreod for Sasha a couple years back...............

lmarie086

Medalist
got these from fsuniverse

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin
FS Music: Excerpts from "Dom Pierre" and "Can Can"

Rachael Flatt:
SP music: TBD
FS music: "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" from La Mer by Debussy; "En Bateau" from Petite Suite by Debussy

Kimmie Meissner:
2008 Season Notes
SP Music: "Un Ange"
FS Music: "Adagio in G minor"

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
got these from fsuniverse

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin
FS Music: Excerpts from "Dom Pierre" and "Can Can"

Rachael Flatt:
SP music: TBD
FS music: "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" from La Mer by Debussy; "En Bateau" from Petite Suite by Debussy

Kimmie Meissner:
2008 Season Notes
SP Music: "Un Ange"
FS Music: "Adagio in G minor"
:agree: Thanks so much for posting!

Okay. Marai. GREAT choice for her SP. Sweet and innocent, yet not as childish as "iv'e got rhythm." I can't wait. I assume the "can-can" is offenbach's famous one, which is very good, and although famous, not overused in the skating world. Over all, Good job.

Racheal. I like La Mer, very unusual music and I think she can pull it off. Debussy is great.

Kimmie. I am unfamiliar with her SP music... will check it out and then post my opinion. I am on the fence about Adagio in G. Beautiful piece of music. Abbot is using it as well (i believe). not sure if it is right for her, because I am not convinced she can portray the spiritual, quiet passion in that music. Not sure if she actually portary passion of any kind, but I truly hope she proves me wrong on that.

so_proud

Rinkside
I remember that she said in an interview that she was uncomfortable with the costume she wore during "Just a Girl" last season, which she didn't wear in the clip you watched. It might affect. For me, it is no suprise that she skated so expressively with "Only Hope" and "Just a Girl" this time because one of my favorites is her "Reflection" in 06-07 season. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPg2Ak-_Xo

It might be an off-topic but just a cute story.
The fans of Yu-Na have recently found (on the pictures) that she used to wear her “Just a Girl” costume in the way that the zipper of the pants was directing forward during the entire season of 2007-2008 but that she wore it with the zipper backward on the Festa on Ice opening for the first time. So, they are just guessing that Yu-Na might not have known that the costume had originally been designed to wear in the latter way until recently. You know, zippers of pants tend to be located in front :)

lcd

Match Penalty
At the risk of maybe presuming too much just from the music selections...I suppose one more year of "cutesy" charming music and programs for Mirai seems right... loaded with charm as she is, she can certainly pull them off The more mature and dramatic music choices (Debussy) that Rachael has chosen, though, will make for an interesting contrast.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
From what I've heard, Caroline Zhang will be skating to La Bayadere for her SP and Sleeping Beauty for her LP.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
From what I've heard, Caroline Zhang will be skating to La Bayadere for her SP and Sleeping Beauty for her LP.

Where did you hear this?

sounds good. La Bayadare has been done well by Alissa Cizny and poorly by Sarah Hughes. I am anxious for her version.

Sleeping beauty will be great.

I assume both are choreographed by Lori Nichol?

lmarie086

Medalist
Watched Alissa Czisny's La Bayadere; lovely music. I think it could add some spark to Zhang's skating. It's beautiful music.
And I course LOVE Sleeping Beauty. Wonderful choice! She's got some really good cuts to choose from. I think it'll be a good program for her.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty

Crap. She is so afraid to leave her tiny, itty-bitty, boring little comfort zone, isn't she? Hope she realizes that she can't get by on the bitty baby ballerina image forever.

quikrush

Rinkside
Yuna's programs are officially announced. Her LP is Scherazade as previously known, but the SP is Danse Macabre, not Zigeunerweisen. Personally I'm glad, since I wasn't so wild about the Zig.

Final Flight
too lazy to read through.
will someone kindly list the ice dance programs?
whats the OD theme?

or is ice dance a minority...?

thanks

cosmos

On the Ice
Yuna's programs are officially announced. Her LP is Scherazade as previously known, but the SP is Danse Macabre, not Zigeunerweisen. Personally I'm glad, since I wasn't so wild about the Zig.

I love her choices!!!!!

Audrey19

On the Ice
I heard that Carolina Kostner is using a Tango (which Tango, I don't know) for her SP, and Swan Lake for her LP. Will be interested to see which Tango she uses, but I think Swan Lake is a teeny weeny bit overused, and doesn't really suit her style. Thoughts?

Agree. Swan Lake isn't a good choice for her, IMO. But the tango will be great! I think she has never done one before, so it will be interesting to see what she comes up with.

musketeer

Spectator
I also heard that Carolina is using Swanlake and that Tomas has a tango medley or something like that.

alekzu

Rinkside
It's the year of the tango then. Why is everyone (not litt. everyone, but a lot of pepople) using tango? I'll be sick of tango long before the season ends. And I don't really mind tango that much. My friend however does not like tango. She'll probably find a lot to dislike the upcoming season. She couold barely like Lambiels progam last season, and imo that was one of his best programs ever. And that wasn't even a real tango, just "tango-influenced". Ah, well.... We've got a lot of time to prepare for it. Since Daisuke is also using a tango I'll have to learn to appreciate tango anyway. ;)

KayMil01

On the Ice
I agree I absolutely LOVED Stephane's Carne Cruda SP...so great! I liked the music, the choreography (just the begining pose was interesting and unique!) footwork...ah, just everything! lol.