2008-2009 Programs by Discipline | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

got these from fsuniverse

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin
FS Music: Excerpts from "Dom Pierre" and "Can Can"

Rachael Flatt:
SP music: TBD
FS music: "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" from La Mer by Debussy; "En Bateau" from Petite Suite by Debussy

Kimmie Meissner:
2008 Season Notes
SP Music: "Un Ange"
FS Music: "Adagio in G minor"
Debussy can be very delicate music. Can Flatt handle it? It'll be interesting to watch.

I heard that Carolina Kostner is using a Tango (which Tango, I don't know) for her SP, and Swan Lake for her LP. Will be interested to see which Tango she uses, but I think Swan Lake is a teeny weeny bit overused, and doesn't really suit her style. Thoughts?
Oy, another Swan Lake, another one of those boids flapping their wings Well, good luck to her. She'll need it.

liketotally

On the Ice
got these from fsuniverse

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin
FS Music: Excerpts from "Dom Pierre" and "Can Can"

Rachael Flatt:
SP music: TBD
FS music: "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" from La Mer by Debussy; "En Bateau" from Petite Suite by Debussy

Kimmie Meissner:
2008 Season Notes
SP Music: "Un Ange"
FS Music: "Adagio in G minor"

Debussy?! La Mer?! You've got to be kidding me. I think the music, although wonderful, is much too mature and difficult to interpret for her at this point. I wonder how she'd do on it.

sillylionlove

Medalist
SWAN LAKE!! Please no....I don't think I can handle it........someone please destroy all swan lake music.

Just waiting now for the people doing Romeo and Juliet, Tosca and Carmen...I know they are out there....just waiting.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I heard that Carolina Kostner is using a Tango (which Tango, I don't know) for her SP, and Swan Lake for her LP. Will be interested to see which Tango she uses, but I think Swan Lake is a teeny weeny bit overused, and doesn't really suit her style. Thoughts?

I think that she could do a good tango... good choice there i think. :agree:

Swan lake? OH PLEASE. I love swan lake and never get tired of hearing it....i have the whole suite on my iPod, but she is the about the worst skater out there toady to skate to this music. SO not her style. bad choice.

but really, other than that this year dosne't seem so bad for overused music. No Carmens, (i don't think) and I don't remember hearing about any Toscas (thank god!).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oy, another Swan Lake, another one of those boids flapping their wings Well, good luck to her. She'll need it.

Kostner has those outrageously long arms to flap. Yikes!

OTOH, I think Rachael Flatt can handle Debussy. She was able to capture the nuance of every note of the FS she did last season.

Last edited:

fairskating01

Spectator
YUNA's Music

Yuna's programs are officially announced. Her LP is Scherazade as previously known, but the SP is Danse Macabre, not Zigeunerweisen. Personally I'm glad, since I wasn't so wild about the Zig.

Yayyy those two are great chocices!! i wanted her to skate to scheherazade!!(good thing she didn't pick Zigeunerweisen or whatever. It wasn't a good skate music). I've never heard Danse Macabre before, but i think it'll be awesome! i guess there would be the charisma of yuna's tango for roxanne. I think the music choices are wayy better than last year's! (though last year's programs were fantastic too) I wonder how Wilson will choreograph to this music...:)

merrybari

Final Flight
SWAN LAKE!! Please no....I don't think I can handle it........someone please destroy all swan lake music.

Just waiting now for the people doing Romeo and Juliet, Tosca and Carmen...I know they are out there....just waiting.

I believe Oda is doing Tosca.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
And just think of the hideous costume choice she can come up with for Swan Lake. :think:
She apparently could skate naked... The judges LOVE LOVE LOVE her. I hope she has had alot of ballet, because that is essential for Swan lake. i prefer girls with ballet bodies for this . She is a beautiful girl, but doesnt really have the legs or feet IMHO.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whatever the costume choice, you can be sure it will be much too short, so that the judges can get a good look at her prodigious wedgie.

The thought of Kostner doing Swan Lake just makes me :rofl:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
And just think of the hideous costume choice she can come up with for Swan Lake. :think:

now i feel ill. She usually looks like some kind of tropical bird that fell in the paint... especially that hideous Memoirs of a Geisha dress. not sure if it is possible for her to wear a classic, white, ballet inspired outfit.

She apparently could skate naked... The judges LOVE LOVE LOVE her. I hope she has had alot of ballet, because that is essential for Swan lake. i prefer girls with ballet bodies for this . She is a beautiful girl, but doesnt really have the legs or feet IMHO.

right. caroline could do a beautiful swan lake. look at sasha. he interpretation of this music was arguably the best ever. she had ballet lines.

carolina should stick to jazz and maybe the tango.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Seems like Carolina's going "mainstream" now that she's a reigning silver medalist. Her biggest assets have been her sassiness and uniqueness. I can't imagine Carolina doing Swan lake, or even Carmen for that matter.

Can she pull Arakawa?

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
I'm actually interested to see Kostner's Swan Lake. She has the long-limbed look of a Ballachine ballerina, and with the right choreography, I thing she could do a good job with it. At least she is trying something that is different for her, unlike Zhang, who is sticking with the same style she always uses.

The BEST Swan Lake I ever saw, and it rules 100 other skaters, was

ILIA KLIMKIN

He portrayed von Rothbart as the evil owl who makes a habit of capturing little princesses. He did it with beautiful skating, too.

Klimkin was, imo, a very special skater who really belonged in the Ballet world.

Kostner? Zhang? IMO, only the technical will tell the difference. The performance will be like all the others.