Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumie_fumie View Post
    I'm not sure if it has been posted already.

Nobunari Oda :

- SP-Khachaturian's Masquerade
    - LP-Warsaw Concerto

I guess there is a great affection for Masquerade in Japan! I think it is a great choice for Oda....i still have doubts about it for Mao.

I bet that there will be 10 girls at my rink next year skating to it.

Custom Title
    The information listed about Oda is wrong. The "Masquerade" music is Verdi's
    "Masked Ball", not Khachaturian's.

But the Khachaturian "Masquerade Waltz" was used just last season by Domnina/Shabalin and Jeremy Abbott, to name two. DomShabs won the GPF and Europeans with it. No doubt Asada is using it because her new coach, Tarasova, suggested the music to DomShabs, and probably suggested it again to Asada.

Such originality (rolleyes).

Custom Title
    I don't think Masquerade Waltz will suit Mao at all - it's too robust and driving. There is plenty of unused music with more delicacy. I do wish skaters would come up with some different music instead of relying on old chestnuts that often don't suit them.
    Last edited by goldenpleasures; 06-25-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Custom Title
    Well the Masquerade is a suite. Mao may do other parts of the Masquerade Sutie., not just the waltz. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpleasures View Post
    I don't think Masquerade Waltz will suit Mao at all - it's too robust and driving. There is plenty of unused music with more delicacy. I do wish skaters would come up with some different music instead of relying on old chestnuts that often don't suit them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra20042004 View Post
    Well the Masquerade is a suite. Mao may do other parts of the Masquerade Sutie., not just the waltz. Or maybe not. Who knows?
    Right. as i mentioned in the Mao thread, I hope, (and assume) that Mao is using other pieces from the Suite. there are some very soft, lovely selections.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    yuna's Lp (i Think It's Lp Anyways) Is Scheherazade. Cynthia Phaneuf's Lp Music, Which I Know, But Can't Place It At The Moment, Is A Similar Style To Last Years Lp. Cynthia's Footwork Sequence Is Nice And yuna Has Some Really Good Edgey Choreo.
    Yay!

Custom Title
    I think both Mao and Yu-Na will be stretched (but not impossibly) by their music choices.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    There are 4 parts to Masquerade. We don't know if its the waltz part. If not the waltz part, it should be interesting.
    I just listened to the suite. The ''Romance'' section is lovely. I hope she does pick a section from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    YuNa should try one of Michelle's musics. JMO
    Scheherezade is a lovely piece. I'm just really glad she's not using her Ms Saigon LP anymore, I felt that it really didn't suit her style.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by silver.blades View Post
    Yuna's LP (I think it's LP anyways) is Scheherazade. Cynthia Phaneuf's LP music, which i know, but can't place it at the moment, is a similar style to last years LP. Cynthia's footwork sequence is nice and Yuna has some really good edgey choreo.
    Quote Originally Posted by polenzani View Post
    To larson,Michael, Rumberry

For 2 hours, we watched Yuna training but not talks..just looked sullen..
    the program is gorgeous! The excerpt from `Tsigoineruwaizen` by Sarasate as previously being talked here
    The two musics are good choice! I can't wait to see Yuna's new programs!!!
    Last edited by lilybear; 06-25-2008 at 11:43 PM.

I can see Yu-Na skating to sherezade. I do not think it is the best choice, but not the worst either .

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    It's already been quoted so it's on the thread anyways, but another poster asked me to delete the post reporting Yuna's music. I probably shouldn't have deleted the whole post, so I'm going to repeat some of it here.
    Both Yuna and Cynthia where working on Choreography with David Wilson in Vaughn where I was taking a course earlier this week. I only saw them working on their LPs and I didn't get to see a full run through of either program unfortunately. Both pieces of music are familiar ones. Cynthia's program is elegant, similar in style to her LP last season. It includes a nice footwork sequence. Yuna's program is quite dramatic, the parts I saw, and very detailed. There is one section that is a gorgeous edgy bit that looks really good. From the parts I saw, both programs look like they suit the skaters well, Yuna's looks particularly good.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Do I read this right...so far no Carmen, Tosca or Romeo and Juliet!!! Can this be?? Please let it be so!!!

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Do I read this right...so far no Carmen, Tosca or Romeo and Juliet!!! Can this be?? Please let it be so!!!
    It's still early! Evan's already done Tosca and Carmen, maybe he's planning R and J?

So, Yuna did land triple Lutz-triple Toe?
    I have never heard her practicing it before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I can see Yu-Na skating to sherezade. I do not think it is the best choice, but not the worst either .
    I agree it's somewhat of a disappointing choice too because it's so commonly used, and yet I'm confident she can bring something unique to the music.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast