Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Jenn Wester and Daniil Barantsev have selected their freedance music which is "Requiem for a Dream." I'm assuming that's the soundtrack for the movie which Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski skated to in 2007. I really like the music: it's very haunting. I think it's a really good change for Jenn and Daniil.

Here's a clip of the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU
    Ooh I really like this choice! It's a very big change from this past season's FD. I think it's a good choice; shows versatility. Can't wait to see it.

Custom Title
    Aww I am kinda sad to see them skate to this! I love how bubbly and fun they are! It's a great choice though. I am excited to see how they progress.

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Jenn Wester and Daniil Barantsev have selected their freedance music which is "Requiem for a Dream." I'm assuming that's the soundtrack for the movie which Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski skated to in 2007. I really like the music: it's very haunting. I think it's a really good change for Jenn and Daniil.

Here's a clip of the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ma4BvMUwU

They also have a new exhibition to "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" which I think is by Roisin Murphy. I don't particulary like the song, but it sure is very different from current exhibition music. I think if they include really interesting and different choreography, I might like the music better.

Here's a clip of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wvIVIPIBJI
    Many score collectors I know ADORE Requiem For A Dream, it was easily one of the best scores in the year it was released. I can't wait to see them skate to it!

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    When will the dance teams know what the OD will be next season so that they can begin selecting music?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    When will the dance teams know what the OD will be next season so that they can begin selecting music?
    It has alredy been announced, I believe... the Roaring 20's, with music from the 30's and 40's accepted as well

Kypma
    Last edited by Kypma; 04-27-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: it's spelt roaring, not raoring...

Anyone know when we can expect more announcements? Is there a certain time that teams all start to announce at once?

a lot of top tier skaters don't announce until their first event

otherwise it's normally late summer when the rest make announcements... at least it seems to be that way. You'll have rumors for months, though, as some members are able to view practice sessions and such.

I wonder if Melissa and Denis will keep their FD from last year. I hope so, since they never got to perform it at all. I hope they will.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeIce View Post
    I wonder if Melissa and Denis will keep their FD from last year. I hope so, since they never got to perform it at all. I hope they will.
    me too, it sounded interesting

but hey, as long as they are both happy and healthy I don't care what they skate to, just so that they're back and ready to skate!

Custom Title

Medelssohn Violin Concerto for V/M?

I saw a very short clip of Virtue/Moir rehearsing for Festa on Ice in Seoul... and think I heard a scale passage from the 3rd movement of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto. I am wondering if this is what they used for their CSOI performance...

The following is the link to the clip which shows their rehearsal for about 4 seconds (1:08~).
    http://news.naver.com/sports/index.n..._id=0000128792

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    I saw a very short clip of Virtue/Moir rehearsing for Festa on Ice in Seoul... and think I heard a scale passage from the 3rd movement of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto. I am wondering if this is what they used for their CSOI performance...

The following is the link to the clip which shows their rehearsal for about 4 seconds (1:08~).
    http://news.naver.com/sports/index.n..._id=0000128792
    I cant watch this video. Maybe it wasnt there music
    Maybe i can find this video on youtube?

Custom Title
    hmm...
    went back to youtube, but no luck there...
    In that case, why not try
    i) Internet Explorer, firefox doesn't work.
    ii) once you are there, click underneath Yuna Kim's picture.
    Hope it works!

Banned
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xB6TBrYjIrE
    Did you saw this video? I think this is there balle number music from CSOI

Custom Title
    ^ Yeap @ 0:46~
    (you are really fast)

So, that's their CSOI ballet number...

I read that Korean netizens lovingly call them "Vir-Mo-ne" and now the media is highlighting them as the "Fantastic Couple" after the name of the popular Korean TV drama.
    Last edited by jyshin; 05-16-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    ^ Yeap @ 0:46~
    (you are really fast)

So, that's their CSOI ballet number...

I read that Korean netizens lovingly call them "Vir-Mo-ne" and now the media is highlighting them as the "Fantastic Couple" after the name of the popular Korean TV drama.
    O, its look like they are very popular in Korea Its really good for them I like korean fans - they love all skaters and they are very sweet

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast