Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title

V/M ballet Ex = BTH "Spring" Sonata

Now it is clear which music V/M are skating their ballet exhibition number to...
    It is the 1st movement of the Violin Sonata No.5 "Spring" by Beethoven.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    Now it is clear which music V/M are skating their ballet exhibition number to...
    Thank you! How do you know this?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    i would like to see that... any news on their freedance??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    i would like to see that... any news on their freedance??
    You should go to FSVid and you will find there ballet number

Custom Title
    Jeremy Abbott has posted his 2008-09 program information on his official site:
    Short Program
    Music: Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni
    Choreographer: Catarina Lindgren Dickson

Free Skate
    Music: Eight Seasons Tangos by Astor Piazzolla (variations of Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
    Choreographer: Tom Dickson

Custom Title
    npa

No magic! I watched the online version of SBS real time broadcast of Festa on Ice. Scott and Tessa skated between Takahashi's Swan Lake and Johnny Weir's number. The ballet program was basically the rearrangement of their usual movements to different concept and music with the prop(!). It had a clean and controlled quality that let the audience stop screaming and watch them 'skating.' Although they took the risk of understating themselves in a show filled with dramatic and cheesy numbers, I thought they displayed their strength rooted in ballet really well and their sibling-like partner relationship. It gave me an impression that they are very level-headed... They have a good sense of who they are and where they are. It was getting too late and I couldn't stay awake after Weir. However, I have to say I went to bed very satisfied

Tinymavy15

As a matter of fact, their performance just came up online. Just click under the picture. Enjoy!
    http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/n...id=N1000418101
    Last edited by jyshin; 05-18-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Thank you Sylvia! I cannot wait to see Jeremy's programs for next year; I love his skating.

Oh and I've read on fsuniverse that Wester/Baranstev's OD will be the 1940s. I see them doing very well with this.

Banned
    npa

No magic! I watched the online version of SBS real time broadcast of Festa on Ice. Scott and Tessa skated between Takahashi's Swan Lake and Johnny Weir's number. The ballet program was basically the rearrangement of their usual movements to different concept and music with the prop(!). It had a clean and controlled quality that let the audience stop screaming and watch them 'skating.' Although they took the risk of understating themselves in a show filled with dramatic and cheesy numbers, I thought they displayed their strength rooted in ballet really well and their sibling-like partner relationship. It gave me an impression that they are very level-headed... They have a good sense of who they are and where they are. It was getting too late and I couldn't stay awake after Weir. However, I have to say I went to bed very satisfied

Tinymavy15

As a matter of fact, their performance just came up online. Just click under the picture. Enjoy!
    http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/n...id=N1000418101
    Thank you! I really like this number. And look like Scott and Tessa like this dance! Thank you!

Short Program
    Music: Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni
    Choreographer: Catarina Lindgren Dickson

Free Skate
    Music: Eight Seasons Tangos by Astor Piazzolla (variations of Vivaldi's Four Seasons)
    Choreographer: Tom Dickson
    Oh yes, fantastic choices! I love the fact that he always has different styles for his short and long, and he always uses at least one classical piece and Albinoni is just great. I also adore him for using real music - and that's not supposed to sound snobby, I am just tired of all these soundtracks, modern pseudo-classical music etc. Now I can't wait to see Abbott's programs next season!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I also adore him for using real music - and that's not supposed to sound snobby, I am just tired of all these soundtracks, modern pseudo-classical music etc.
    Actually, one of my favorite programs of Abbott's is his SP to a piece from the "American Beauty" film soundtrack (2007 Four Continents performance, which is on youtube).

Now I can't wait to see Abbott's programs next season!
    He's currently scheduled to compete in two club comps -- at the Broadmoor Open at the end of June and at Liberty in mid-July.

Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Oh and I've read on fsuniverse that Wester/Baranstev's OD will be the 1940s. I see them doing very well with this.
    W/B's FD music was originally posted in this thread -- here's the link to their official site where their 2008-09 music is published.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Abott's choices are perfect. I am so happy that he chose great music again. his freeskate this past year had all my favorite waltzes in it and it was wonderfully choreographed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

He's currently scheduled to compete in two club comps -- at the Broadmoor Open at the end of June and at Liberty in mid-July.
    I am looking forward to seeing this young man skate this season. Lot's of talent there.

Sylvia. Any news of Liberty?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Any news of Liberty?
    July 15-19 (Tue.-Sat.), 2008 at the IceWorks Skating Complex in Aston, PA (near Philly). It's too early for me to start a separate thread about which elite skaters are planning to compete at Liberty this year, but I can do so when I've compiled more info.

Let's try and keep this thread on topic in the meantime.

U.S. novice pairs champions Brynn Carman/Christopher Knierim (who will debut on the JGP this fall) have updated their official site with their junior program info:
    Short Program
    A Russian folkdance

Free Skate
    "City Slickers" soundtrack (modified version of their novice program)
    ETA: C/K's scheduled summer comps, as listed on their site, are Broadmoor Open, Skate Detroit (the week after Liberty) and Indy Challenge in August.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-19-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: to add Carman/Knierim's summer comps

Reasons to go to Liberty: In addition to Jeremy Abbot, there is Carman/Kniernen, the Pairs Team that is bringing this discipline back to the US. Check out the Exhibitions of 2008 Nats. They are Good!

Joe

There appears to be a rumor that S&S will use music from "Schindler's List" for their LP. I lurve the music from that movie, so a great choice in my book.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast