Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 Programs by Discipline

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post

I"m curious to hear the music, tango with lyrics? Oh please tell me it's not Cell Block Tango! Pop Squish Cicero Yao Bin! Seriously though, lyrics aren't allowed and I don't understand the difference between "the voice as an instrument" and someone saying words. To me, it all sounds like a type of lyric. I'd hate to think Morozov was setting them up for a vocal deduction.
    I think they mean lyrical music. Maybe something like 'Adagio'? They would never skate to a music with lyrics, that would be placement murder for P/T.

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    I think they mean lyrical music. Maybe something like 'Adagio'? They would never skate to a music with lyrics, that would be placement murder for P/T.
    I'm sure you're right. I know that sometimes things translate very differently from Chinese to English. I assume the original source of the news was written in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    I'm sure you're right. I know that sometimes things translate very differently from Chinese to English. I assume the original source of the news was written in Chinese.
    Not too sure where the original source is from. The one I read from Z/Z's website only mentioned that P/T will skate to a tango. It did also mention that Z/Z have temporarily chosen 'Yangtze' for their Free Skate.

Custom Title
    I read from Icenetwork photo shoot, that Lysacek is travelling next week to Moscow to create new programmes with Tarasova. I blinked a couple of times and the first thought was that somebody has made a mistake and they meant Weir...., LOL. Anyway, I will be eagerly looking forward to those programmes as Lysacek is a very different person from those male skaters that Tarasova has worked earlier with, I think.
    Last edited by Jaana; 06-14-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I read from Icenetwork photo shoot, that Lysacek is travelling next week to Moscow to create new programmes with Tarasova. I blinked a couple of times and the first thought was that somebody has made a mistake and they meant Weir...., LOL.
    I saw that too! I had to do a little double take lol. So I take it this means we won't have another season of Tosca?

Custom Title
    Actually, I'm going to miss Tosca, but am interested to see what these two will come up with together.

That said, can someone please post some samples of some things that Tarasova has done with others? Sadly, I'm not all that familiar with what she has done or what her area(s) of expertise are. Please enlighten - a curious fan wants to know. Thanks.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chnfs View Post
    Some news:

Pang & Tong have finished their choreography. They will have two new programs next season. The short program is blues style music, choreographed by Sarah Kawahara. The long program is a mixture of tango, and lyrics music, done by Morozov.

Zhang & Zhang are working with Shpilband VS Zueva on a new long program, together with two Chinese ice dancing teams.
    I can't quite picture them doing a tango, but I love Sarah Kawahawa's work, so that souds rather promising. as for zhang and zhang, almost anything has got to be better than last year.

I read from Icenetwork photo shoot, that Lysacek is travelling next week to Moscow to create new programmes with Tarasova. I blinked a couple of times and the first thought was that somebody has made a mistake and they meant Weir...., LOL. Anyway, I will be eagerly looking forward to those programmes as Lysacek is a very different person from those male skaters that Tarasova has worked earlier with, I think.
    I am SO SO excited. I can't wait to see them!

Custom Title
    I read from Icenetwork photo shoot, that Lysacek is travelling next week to Moscow to create new programmes with Tarasova. I will be eagerly looking forward to those programmes as Lysacek is a very different person from those male skaters that Tarasova has worked earlier with, I think.
    Well, don't forget Yags is a masculine skater with heoric style too. Tarasova did an excellent job to choreograph many of his classics. This is a very nice move for Evan. Looking forward to his new programs.

Interesting music choices from the Chinese pairs, especially P/T's Tango. Hope they can pull it off.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ae9177 View Post
    Well, don't forget Yags is a masculine skater with heoric style too. Tarasova did an excellent job to choreograph many of his classics. This is a very nice move for Evan. Looking forward to his new programs. :
    Me too!!

There's a new article in the news section at IceNetwork in which Evan goes into more detail about the reasons behind his decision to work with her. A great move!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I can't quite picture them doing a tango, but I love Sarah Kawahawa's work, so that souds rather promising.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...nt_6752253.htm
    The pair recently returned from a month-long trip to the US where they trained with world-renowned choreographers Nikolai Morozov and Sarah Kawahara to develop their new routines.

Blues music will be the backdrop for their short program, while their freestyle skating music will consist of up-tempo tango songs, a contrast to their previous freestyle, which was often slower and more lyrical.

"We have listened to various types of music and finally decided to apply the styles that are a departure from our past," Tong said. "We hope the new program attracts the attention of the judges."

Custom Title
    Well, don't forget Yags is a masculine skater with heoric style too. Tarasova did an excellent job to choreograph many of his classics.
    Yes, but they have veeeery different bodytypes.

Well, don't forget Yags is a masculine skater with heoric style too. Tarasova did an excellent job to choreograph many of his classics. This is a very nice move for Evan. Looking forward to his new programs.
    Yes, but they have veeeery different bodytypes.
    I agree. I think this could be a good move for Lysacek, but he's not going to be as good as Yagudin at expressing himself, and he's not at that level technically, either. Yags may be a masculine skater, but he was and still is much more elegant and graceful on the ice than Lysacek. Still, the big thing is that this is an opportunity for Evan to improve and grow as a skater, and I'm glad he's making this change. I hope to see something interesting from him in the 2008-9 season.

I don't think any skater can be compared to another skater in style. That's what they bring to the ice as their own contribution without coach and choreographer.

I admire TT because she enhances a skater's style. She's not going to give Evan a quad lutz, but she just might find a new way for him to express himself on the ice. I think she will and I look forward to Evan this year.

Joe

Any news on the Canadian pairs teams new programs? I haven't seen any news about them since the season ended.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I don't think any skater can be compared to another skater in style. That's what they bring to the ice as their own contribution without coach and choreographer.

I admire TT because she enhances a skater's style. She's not going to give Evan a quad lutz, but she just might find a new way for him to express himself on the ice. I think she will and I look forward to Evan this year.

Joe
    Well said - ITA!!

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast