What Is Keeping Me Even Busier Than Usual | Golden Skate

What Is Keeping Me Even Busier Than Usual

My husband and I have a rental house right next door to us. There is a barn on that property. Our tenants, who are also my neice and nephew, asked us if they could trap, spay and keep the cat they saw going in and out of the barn as a barn cat. We said sure.

I went investigating and found the cat. She's about a year old and very pretty. The next day I discovered she had 1 kitten. The next day I discovered a 2nd kitten. The next day I discovered a 3rd. Thankfully, I haven't discovered anymore.

Momma is very pretty and very sweet, I've named her Tiger Lily. The kittens are adorable and about 4 weeks old. They are in the loft of the barn. I am praying they survive, that we can get Tiger Lily spayed and keep her as a barn cat and also get the kittens to adopt them out. We may end up keeping 1, 2 or all 3, which would bring total cats in our house from 3 to 4, 5 or 6!!!! And we keep our cats indoors only!

I've attached some pictures:(clickable thumbnails):
This is one of the kittens, the first one I saw:
th_BARNKITTY007.png
This is Momma, whom I named Tiger Lily:
th_BARNKITTY040.png
Tiger Lily with, look close, all 3 kittens (gray kitty showing it's butt end):
th_BARNKITTY065.png
Solid tabby kitten:
th_BARNKITTY068.png
Gray tabby kitten:
th_BKittenA.png
A collage of all 3 kittens:
th_THREEkittens.png

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well now we all know why you are so busy. You are the mom to some cats. Hope that all goes well with them.

Thank you! I do, too! In past years, we've always had a stray come around every now and again, and we always made it ours. Any time there has been signs of possible mom and litter in the barn, by time I found the kittens, it was always too late, they'd died for one reason or another. Usually because Mom got killed on the road and wasn't there to take care of them anymore. The barn is pretty junky, so I hope they stay safe. We've never had to deal with more than 1 stray at a time, so this is new to me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they are SO CUTE, Patch! (I tried to say that last night on your myspace but that ended up freezing my computer :p)

I wanna name one! :laugh:

Toni, throw some names at me!!!

My husband wants to keep the gray kitten. He used to watch Dark Shadows, a "vampire themed" soap opera. It had a character named BARNaby Collins on it. I told DH that if the gray kitty is a boy, and he likes it, BARNaby would be a great name for it!

I wish we could keep all 3 kittens and also bring Tiger Lily in, but I don't know if I could handle that, nor could we afford to feed them good food and get proper vet care having THAT many cats. We already have 3. We've had as many as 5 but that was when we were stupid and let our cats go outdoors. No more of THAT! And I am educated on foods and feed the better stuff now, which also is not cheap!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the gray one is my favorite.... :D I will figure out some names that fit... (I think Abby would be cute for the gray one, but that's not very creative lol)