U.S. Figure Skating Governing Council coverage | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skating Governing Council coverage

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is IceNetwork's second full year online as a cooperative entity of U.S. Figure Skating and MLB Media with the goal of promotion of U.S. Figure Skating on the world wide web. It is gradually inculcating a wide variety of coverage of the sport and all it's related events and issues. To date, Kudos on a job well done!

One annual event that deals with the decisions on how the sport is guided and run is the annual USFS Governing Council (GC). This year it is being held in Denver, and takes place from April 30 thru Sept. 4. For decades this event has received only perfunctory coverage (if at all) by any part of the media, including the public relations segment of the USFS itself.

With the creation of USFS's subsidiary IceNetwork.com, there is now in place a media source capable of providing complete gavel to gavel coverage of much of this annual decision making national congress of local, regional and national skating officials. I believe it is important to bring the important parts of this governance to public light...so that U.S. Figure Skating membership and fans alike can see how the sport is guided and decisions are arrived at.

Obviously U.S. Figure Skating has the ability to make this coverage happen for all of the reasons mentioned above and in the spirit of openness. Now the question is... do U.S. Figure Skating elected officials have the courage and desire to make it happen?

I would find the annual GC fascinating to view and would bet so would many skating fans and USFS members. In particular, Janet Lynn Soloman will be the Keynote Speaker at the Athlete Advisory Committee's (ACC) Alumni Dinner. The five-time U.S. Champion (1969-73) will deliver her message, "Skating Through Time," on May 2 at 7 p.m.

I urge U.S. Figure Skating to bring this important annual governing council to the skating public via IceNetwork next week and in future years.

libby

Match Penalty
Was it really necessary to post the exact same thread and message on every skating forum on the internet, visaliakid?