McLaughlin, Brubaker tackle new challenges | Golden Skate

McLaughlin, Brubaker tackle new challenges

fiercemao

Match Penalty
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080424&content_id=47913&vkey=ice_news

Lea Ann Miller, who choreographed Shen & Zhao's 'Turando' and 'Nutcracker', will be McLaughlin & Brubaker's choregrapher next season. They are adding another set of sbs 3toe.

With all of the technical elements, plus a second side-by-side triple, the team is aware that skating clean will be tough.

"If you look at the Germans, I don't think they had a clean skate all season," Brubaker said. "It's not necessarily about skating clean; it's about the entire package. [Savchenko and Szolkowy] can make mistakes, but you don't remember the errors because there is so much more to the program."

So you don't need to skate clean, just rack up the points. It's a shame that promising new teams such as McLaughlin & Brubacker would have this sort of attitude under the 'inspiraion' of CoP and #1 pair team Savchenko & Szolkowy's performances. No wonder ...

Last edited:

Final Flight
i love this team.
i love how they are already setting goals....thinking sav/szo as their direction.
a little more experience and this team will be or beat the top teams.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
fiercemao said:
They are adding another set of sbs 3toe.

Strictly speaking, they are adding SBS triple toes to the triple salchows they already attempt in the LP. The rules prohibit two sets of triple toes ;)

I read that article the other day, and aside from the determination McL/Bru, LeAnn has been working mostly with Disson shows. She kind of gave up compeitive skating choreography because of the CoP.

I think she did do the CoP for Pang and Tong's Phantom which they won in Calgary 2006 Worlds. Correct, please.

Joe

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I think she did do the CoP for Pang and Tong's Phantom which they won in Calgary 2006 Worlds. Correct, please.

Joe

No. I can't recall that choreographer's name, Kawaguchi(??? or sth), a Japanese-American choreographer.

I don't believe Lee Ann has not done any competitive programs for the past 3 or 4 years.

Kypma

Final Flight
No. I can't recall that choreographer's name, Kawaguchi(??? or sth), a Japanese-American choreographer.

I don't believe Lee Ann has not done any competitive programs for the past 3 or 4 years.

Maybe Sarah Kawahara? I think she's done show program choreography as well.

Kypma