Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ISU Communication 1494

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    They increased the value for the Quads - but also increased the deductions for a fall! Yes! So a fall on a Quad is only worth a triple toe now -- this is an improvement. I like the fact that they also increased the value of the 3 Axel.

0 Not allowed!
    I actually don't know what this communication is. I thought that they were going to have a big conference in June. But this preceeds it in timing. Does anyone know why?

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I actually don't know what this communication is. I thought that they were going to have a big conference in June. But this preceeds it in timing. Does anyone know why?
    I don't know for sure, but it certainly gives skaters and coaches time to adjust to the changes made. I don't know how I feel about this change, but it certainly addresses two biggest issues that came up after worlds. Rewarding difficult elements and punishing sloppily done elements. I'm nervous for Kawaguchi&Smirnov. Their throw quad salchow is not exactly clean...

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the link, Bennett.

hmmm. A quad throw Lutz. Will we ever see that?

It does take a lot of musings on these items. And so much of those Levels are just so much subjective.

I'll read more intensely over the weekend which looks like I have nothing better to do.

Joe

0 Not allowed!
    For guys, getting 3A and quads done would become even more crucial than before.

I am a bit dissaponted that the double penalty on downgrade is not really solved.

I am very, very happy to see that they increased the base value for level-3 and -4 steps except for spirals. Only I hope that there will be more skaters who get level-4!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I, too, love that they are increasing the value of steps and also that they are adding a "simple variety" aspect to steps in order to get a level 2. Previously you had to have "variety" to get anything over level 1, and now that "variety" is the basis for a level 3.

I also like that they are recognizing that a camel is harder than a sit and that a sit is harder than an upright.... and similarly that a flying sit is harder than a flying camel.

Down With It

0 Not allowed!
    Do they request skater and/or coach feedback to make these changes?

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. This... is.... very difficult to interpret for me.
    There are several things I don't get clearly.
    Hopefully someone else here can give me some light...

About jumps, what does 'poor take-off' mean? Is this about two-footed take-off? Or pre-rotation? Or something else?

About spiral, 'holding spiral position without interruption for 6 or more sec' means holding 'one' spiral position for 6 sec? And they still have to do 3 positions? Is this going to make spiral sequences longer?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    i am glad to hear they made the base points greater for the quad. evan and brian must be happy.

Tripping on the Podium fumie_fumie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post

About jumps, what does 'poor take-off' mean? Is this about two-footed take-off? Or pre-rotation? Or something else?

About spiral, 'holding spiral position without interruption for 6 or more sec' means holding 'one' spiral position for 6 sec? And they still have to do 3 positions? Is this going to make spiral sequences longer?
    Same here.

I don't quite get what they mean by deduction on a long preparation for jumps. How are they going to quantify a "long preparation"? 1 second of telegraphing can be qualified as a long preparation, whereas 0'59'' is not? You can almost start a consulting business on CoP.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    I think Carolina Kostner should be penalized for her long entrances into some of her jumps. She travels almost the length of the rink on setups.

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, caro's jumps have pretty long preparation.
    Consulting business on CoP. Great idea If the skaters are willing to pay a choreographer like $10,000, they should get a consultant with CoP, too!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Holy smokes!! It's a good thing they DID do it before the summer meeting to give the skaters teams a chance to figure it all out. You need to have a PhD in math to keep track. Not only do the skaters have to DO the moves, now they have an even more detailed list of WHAT to do.

Glad all I have to do is watch.

Anywhere in there did anyone notice if they've reduced the required number of jumps and/or other elements to give the skaters time to be more "creative" in the programs?

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post

I don't know about the jumps but a change of edge spiral is technically 6 seconds also. a 3 sec hold before and a 3 sec hold after the change. So I just think this give skaters more options to get higher levels so we won't be watching the same spiral over and over.. In general I believe the length is about the same.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast