Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great new Video and Interview with Michelle

Custom Title

Great new Video and Interview with Michelle

It's a must see. Lots of clips. Be patient with the quality of the sound its a little fuzzy in places, but it is worth it.

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/12573424-1361130457.html
    Last edited by Kathy; 04-30-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thanks for the great link. I loved the clips of Michelle as a very young skater (aw) This show is over 20 minutes long!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    It's a must see. Lots of clips. Be patient with the quality of the sound its a little fuzzy in places, but it is worth it.

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/12573424-1361130457.html
    Thank you so much for posting. That was a Kwanderful interview and video.

Thanks for the video. That was really nice!

Custom Title

Great new Video and Interview with Michelle

What a great interview. What a mature and intelligent women Michelle has become.

What makes this interview so spectacular is the host's technique. She asked a question and actually let Michelle fully answer without interruption. It's as if the interview was actually about the interviewee rather than the interviewer. What a breath of fresh air!

Michelle has certainly found her calling after figure skating. If ever there was a true "diplomat" she is one. She's still a champion.

Dizzy

That was wonderful. Thanks for the link.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    The video never played for me.... what did she talk about? Is she still attending Denver University?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    The video never played for me.... what did she talk about? Is she still attending Denver University?
    It was a long interview, more than 20 minutes, interspersed with clips of her skating at various stages of her career, including when she was a little girl.

Yes, she is still attending the University of Denver. She said that International Relations is her new passion, and that she might go on to graduate school in that area after she completes her undergraduate degree.

She talked about the Olympics, especially about the 1998 Olympics. She said that, going over everything in her mind, she has no regrets because she skated two clean programs and cannot think of anything she might have done differently, in terms of preparation, etc. "Sometimes life just throws you a curve ball."

She relishes the opportunity that she has had to visit China, Russia and Argentina as U.S. public relations envoy. She did not rule out a return to skating, whether in competition, a pro tour, or in some other capacity. "Skating will always be part of my life."

She looked like a million dollars. Calm and confident and ready for whatever comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It was a long interview, more than 20 minutes, interspersed with clips of her skating at various stages of her career, including when she was a little girl.

Yes, she is still attending the University of Denver. She said that International Relations is her new passion, and that she might go on to graduate school in that area after she completes her undergraduate degree.

She talked about the Olympics, especially about the 1998 Olympics. She said that, going over everything in her mind, she has no regrets because she skated two clean programs and cannot think of anything she might have done differently, in terms of preparation, etc. "Sometimes life just throws you a curve ball."

She relishes the opportunity that she has had to visit China, Russia and Argentina as U.S. public relations envoy. She did not rule out a return to skating, whether in competition, a pro tour, or in some other capacity. "Skating will always be part of my life."

She looked like a million dollars. Calm and confident and ready for whatever comes next.

thanks for the review. I hope it is on Youtube soon.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Because it is so long, perhaps, it took quite a while to start. Be sure to wait long enough. And there is quite a long header where you wonder whether anything in English is going to start. Again, be patient! It is worth the wait.

I do hope Michelle will do some skating again, in any capacity whatever. I'd love to see a new Michelle performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    The video never played for me....
    It's an SWF file that plays in Acrobat Flash Player. If you don't have that, someone on the MK Forum (KwanKat), converted it to AVI (which plays in Windows Media Player and many others.)

If you are registered at the MK Forum, it's posted in the "Cloud Nine" section, and the file can be downloaded from Sendspace.

I got it to work. great interview. She looks so classy yet modern... very much the working young lady. She looks happy and it was so nice to hear her talking about her childhood, family etc. I have to agree that the interviewer was much better than most of the U.S interviewers!

Banned
    Anybody thinks her future career is in politics? Will she run for something? Her speaking ability still needs huge improvement though. I bet she's a Republican.

Custom Title
    I don't think Michelle could ever be an elected official. She can't say anything bad about other people and in politics - the more you slam your opponent the higher your approval rating becomes.

Maybe an appointed Ambassador to China would be where she could do the most good. She is loved and respected in China.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercemao View Post
    Anybody thinks her future career is in politics? Will she run for something? Her speaking ability still needs huge improvement though. I bet she's a Republican.
    I have to disagree that her speaking ability needs hugh improvement. I think her speaking ability has improved tremendously since her competitive days.

As far as her being in politics, I can definitely see her involved in politics ~ but I think on a smaller scale, like an Ambassdor or something similar. I think she's too nice to run for president or any high profile office.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast