Kiira Korpi: A Fine Figure of a Finn | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi: A Fine Figure of a Finn

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Widely regarded as the most beautiful woman in figure skating, Finland's Kiira Korpi is also among the most talented and she has the results to prove it.

More

kandidy

Final Flight
She is like a barbie doll. She should consider modeling or actress career after her retirement.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I disagree; I think there are ladies skating now that are more attractive than her...JMHO she's not bad though.

Thanks for the article, good to get some insight into her thoughts and career.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I disagree; I think there are more attractive ladies skating now than her...JMHO she's not bad though.

I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally feel Tanith and Sasha are prettier.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally feel Tanith and Sasha are prettier.

Speaking of Finns, I prefer the quiet beauty of Laura Lespito (btw, is she a finn?)....And as for other ladies, I think Meryl Davis, Natalie Pechelat, Tessa Virtue, and Yu-Na Kim are quite beautiful too...I guess I was never a fan of the blond barbie doll look like Kiira and Tanith....

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Speaking of Finns, I prefer the quiet beauty of Laura Lespito (btw, is she a finn?)...

Yes, Laura Lepisto is a Finn and she as well as other dark-haired Finnish skaters like Susanna Poykio and Jenni Vahamaa are all beautiful.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was a bit disappointed with this sentence:

"Korpi was a bit dissapointed with her long program in which she placed fifth."

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Kiira is very beautiful. It isn't just her beauty that makes her wonderful to watch though, it's her elegence her feminity. she isn't the only pretty skater on the ice, but she is the only one, (as the French Eurosport commentator would put it) to have Alfred Hitchcock heroin-like beauty.

Final Flight
the finnish women are the reason that i watch ladies skating (and yuna)