Predictions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions

roundboypete

Rinkside
rtureck said:
Round boy Pete you can't play this trick on us. What happened to your poem?
My poems were in poor taste. I apologize if anyone took offense.

I won't make any predictions, but I hope that Ann Patrice skates well in this competition.

Pete

lindawilbe

Spectator
I'll go with:
1. Michelle
2. Sasha
3. Fumie
4. Irina
5. Cupcake
6. AP

1. Plush
2. Tim
3. Honda
4. Weiss
5. Ryan
6. Alexei (I feel he will withdraw. I’m seeing indications he will retire or this is to be his final competition).

Most posters seem to be going with the results of DC Worlds. Maybe correct, but the ice is slippery this time of the year.

Let's hope Plush's knee is ok for Campbells and the rest of the season.

Joe

windspirit

On the Ice
berthes ghost said:
The trouble with Sasha is that the cronic mistakes are not only falls on jumps. She stumbles on fw, she stumbles out of spins.
She did a few times. That's it. The chronic exaggeration is much more of a problem, I'd say.

rtureck

Final Flight
I guess chronic means since the beginning of time, or since novice and junior into senior?

I am sure all skaters make mistakes, the media or PR people have a tradition of predicting hugh success for Sasha. Junior worlds 2000, she was crowned before the event, and unfortunately she did not make the podium, therefore missed out the chance to go to senior worlds. Of course placing #6 overall at junior world was a good record - top flight.

Skate America 2001 was another example, all week at practice and up and down the arena the buzz was Sasha will try the quad sal, she will land the quad sal in competiition. She ended in top flight overall, not bad, but again a tiny bit short of prediction by press and PR.

USA nationals 2003, lets quote Peggy, " I love Sarah, I love Michelle, but I have to pick Sasha to win. She looked good in practices, and is the most ready" Winning bronze at nats was good too, but a bit short of what Peggy predicted.

What was her novice and junior record?

PSI am not saying Sasha has a chronic problem

Last edited:

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha had the flu during Jr. Worlds 2000. At least, I read that somewhere. In Juniors, she was the 1999 silver medalist. Don't know anything else, though. I just want her to wow the audience and judges with the clean program she's capable of doing. It's just a focus and nerves issue, I think.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Lanie said:
Sasha had the flu during Jr. Worlds 2000. At least, I read that somewhere.
I've read Sasha talking about that competition and I have never read mention of the flu.

Back to the topic, I am going to predict that Sasha will win (either that or she will bomb). I predict AP will be second and Michelle third.

I think Tim has to prove last year's splatfest was a bad hair day and he will skate perfect this time. No predictions for this comp. It's much to soon in the season.

Joe

My final prediction: Michelle Kwan, come now into her period of artistic maturity, is simply on a different page from all the other ladies. Win, lose or draw, Michelle's the one.:love:

Mathman

brinababy87

Rinkside
I will be happy for whoever wins, but I just want it to be any skater except Michelle. I want to see someone else with more difficult choreography and jumps place ahead of her so this "Michelle is invincible" attitude will quit. But then again, there could also be a splatfest for everyone else, which would justify her winning.

I suppose. :rolleye:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I will be happy for whoever wins, but I just want it to be any skater except Michelle. I want to see someone else with more difficult choreography and jumps place ahead of her so this "Michelle is invincible" attitude will quit. But then again, there could also be a splatfest for everyone else, which would justify her winning.

ITA- I couldn't have said it better :)

Then again, I have no hard feelings toward anyone :)

Much too early to lay a reliable prediction or thought but we'll see what happens.

brinababy87 said:
I will be happy for whoever wins, but I just want it to be any skater except Michelle.

Bravo brinababy87. A poster not afraid to say what s/he feels! And a good chance you may get your wish.

Joe

Sapphire

Spectator
LADIES
1. Michelle
2. Ann Patrice
3. Sasha
4. Jenny
5. Elena
6. Fumie

MEN
1. Plushy
2. Tim
3. Honda
4. Jahnke
5. Smith
6. Weiss

dewet

Final Flight
With the withdrawls, I'll have to revise my predictions.

For the ladies ITA with brinababy87. I like a competition that can't be predicted. I hope Fumie will skate well, though.

alina

Rinkside
LADIES
1. Elena
2. Sasha
3. Michelle
4. Fumie
5. Ann Patrice
6. Jennifer

MEN
1. Evgeni
2. Takeshi
3. Tim
4. Mike
5. Ryan
6. Scott

Every skater can have an off year. Last season was not Anyone But's finest hour. Let's hope she can rebound in 2003-2004. This Campbell's competition is the first step. Go Anyone But!

Mathman

lavender

Record Breaker
I kind of think Sasha might win. She's been practicing her butt off and I think she may be a little more confident because she's in better shape.

I do hope Michelle can eek out a win but I really don't know what she's been doing this summer.