Big, burning skating rumors | Golden Skate

Big, burning skating rumors

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
What do you think are some of the most pervasive "off-ice" rumors that circulate about elite skaters? Some top examples I can think of are:

1. Is [insert name of skater here] gay?
2. Did Tonya know?
3. Why did Michelle REALLY leave Frank?
4. Is Irina pregnant?

Is so and so gay? probably not, too busy with opposite sex.

Did Tonya know? she know nuttin about nuttin.

Why did MK really leave Frank? it was bigger than both of them.

Is Irina pregnant? maybe slightly

Joe

Last edited:

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Joe, you're so funny. I would still like to hear the Michelle and Frank story. Maybe someday...

skatepixie

On the Ice
gay? Some are. Some arent

Did she know? I think she did. Just me though

MK and Frank? I have no clue. Nor do i really care.]

Irina? How can you be slightly pregnant?

S

SkateFan4Life

(1) It's none of our business. Just because a woman or a man is, say, 30 and still single and not attached to a member of the opposite sex, that does not automatically mean that person is gay. And if he/she is gay, who cares? I'm not interested in any of the skater's personal lives -- as my diatribe on the "Up Close and Personal" thread clearly shows.

(2) Tonya -- "I know nothing." Remember Sgt. Schultz in "Hogan's Heroes"? I wouldn't bet the ranch that she knew, but neither would I bet the ranch that she did not know. Only she and her conscience know for sure.

(3) Maybe Michelle needed a new look. Maybe Frank felt that the judges were going to pull another "Linda Fratianne" on him at the Olympics (that's his story, not mine, folks). Who knows?
Michelle fired Frank, but he got over it, and so did she. Life goes on....

(4) Only Irini and her husband can answer that one. If she is expecting, that's lovely. If she's not expecting, that's lovely, too!

bleuchick

On the Ice
1. Is [insert name of skater here] gay?

I don't know anyone and highly doubt any skater will step up to the mike and tell us

2. Did Tonya know?

She knew boxing was an option. Honestly, I don't know much about her

The truth will come to a bookstore near you. In the meantime, fan fiction will do. ;)

4. Is Irina pregnant?

how many times does Irina get pregnant but eventually compete. ;) If she is, I say good for her.

Lisa

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Is so and so gay? probably not, too busy with opposite sex.

Did Tonya know? she know nuttin about nuttin.

Why did MK really leave Frank? it was bigger than both of them.

Is Irina pregnant? maybe slightly

Joe

PML!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

John King

Final Flight
Big,burning skating rumors

Boxing?I though Tonya went into discus throwing.......oh,......was that a hubcap?.....oops....

pr girl

Match Penalty
There seems to be a lot of chat online regarding Christopher Bowman lately...

Can't people just leave him alone! He's just a hard working man who's dedicated to his sport while trying to make a living.

I can give 1st hand information regarding his character, He's hasn't done anything unethical in regards to his skating seminars or coaching. He's still on staff at Detroit Skating Club and if you've heard any other gossip regarding skating seminars, they simply are not true. It seems like there might just be a vindictive and insecure person out there that has nothing better to do with their time but to try and trash a genuinely wonderful person. He has a hard enough time trying to overcome his past bad boy image without having to deal with added bull on the internet!

Okay, this has gotten my competitive juices going, though Joe set an awfully high standard.

1. Is so-and-so gay?
All skaters are gay, except the ones who say they are gay. They're straight. In any case, they're all getting makeovers by the "Queer Eye" Fab Five. Elvis Stojko will be baking a quiche.

2. Did Tonya know?
No, but I did. In fact, I was the ringleader of the whole deal, not Jeff Gilooly. Remember, you heard it here first.

Frank got pregnant.

4. Is Irina pregnant?
Yes, has been since '96.

Rgirl

Figureskates

On the Ice
1) All skaters are gay, if they are not gay, they are at least very happy. It is amazing how the connotation of a word has changed in 30 years.

2) I don't think Tonya Harding knows what she had for breakfast this morning.

3) Michelle left Frank because she has a phobia about white hair.

4) Irina is not pregnant but she is being cloned 24 times to form a synchro team.