Nancy Kerrigan has baby | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan has baby

sillylionlove

Medalist
Congrats to Nancy on having her third child

Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan and husband Jerry Solomon welcomed their third child – and first daughter – Wednesday morning at Winchester Hospital in Winchester, Mass., the couple tell PEOPLE.

The baby, who has yet to be named, weighed 6 lbs., 12 oz., and was delivered by Caesarean

To read the rest of the article you can go to

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20199972,00.html

Alsace

On the Ice
Congrats to Nancy and Jerry! I'm glad they have a girl, now, too!

As an aside: I am not a regular reader of celebrity news, but it strikes me as odd that the weight gain amount of all three pregnancies is considered newsworthy. Am I just out of the loop?

Linny

Final Flight
Weight of baby

The baby's weight is traditionally listed as an indicator that the child is within a healthy range. The weight that the mother gained during the pregnancy isn't listed. That would be rather crude.

Linny

isk82

On the Ice
The article in People does mention Nancy's weight gain, as compared to her other pregnancies. I'm sure that's info released by her publicist (aka husband?) so it's not cruel.

heyang

Record Breaker
Finally a girl bon on the figure skating world :)

Congrats to Nancy and her family

I know it's been a while, but Kristi has 2 girls, Viktor has a daughter, Chris Bowman had a daughter, Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marvel share a daughter, Katia has 2 daughters, Paul Wylie has 2 daughters (BTW, I found an article announcing that Paul and wife are now expecting their 3rd child - a boy. http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/01/paul-wylie.html)

Congratulations on the birth of Nancy's little girl!

And congrat's on Paul expecting his 3rd, a boy!

John King

Final Flight
According to the YahooGroup KerriganFans, the newborn is named Nicole Elizabeth Solomon. Congrats to the lot of them!