Evan is new spokesman for Total Gym | Golden Skate

Evan is new spokesman for Total Gym

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
surprising news since evan has not eve competed in worlds... most of these deals come after winning the OGM or at least being a favorite for it. Well good for him!

merrybari

Final Flight
surprising news since evan has not eve competed in worlds... most of these deals come after winning the OGM or at least being a favorite for it. Well good for him!

Why surprising? He was sidelined by injury or he would've competed in 2008 Worlds. I think it's safe to say he was one of the strong field of contender there had he been able to compete.

Two-time National Champ should count for something too I would think, plus he does have two bronze Worlds medals in his collection as well.

So far as I know, Chuck Norris had no championships nor Christie Brinkley. Could be they also looked for someone who actually uses the equipment which Evan does. (Not to say others don't mind you.)

Hope we get a clue when it's being shot and when and where it will air. Will be fun to see him in "action."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think all that was meant by the comment is - it's surprising that a male skater got an endorsement at all, no matter who it is, by a 'macho' company. "Male skaters don't sell" is still the mindset by the mainstream USA market. Top that off with Evan being sidelined during the biggest competition of the season and it's just a bit more unexpected. A good surprise.

Chuck Norris does have championship titles, in his sport of choice. Brinkley is a pretty face. And they're better recieved by 'macho men' than a figure skater. Like it or not.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think all that was meant by the comment is - it's surprising that a male skater got an endorsement at all, no matter who it is, by a 'macho' company. "Male skaters don't sell" is still the mindset by the mainstream USA market.

but sex sells and Evan is sexy.

ae9177

On the Ice
Congrats to Evan! :clap:

Who was the last US male skater who got endorsement from mainstream product? Brian Boitano? It's time to give US male skaters some support and recognition.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Congrats to Evan! :clap:

Who was the last US male skater who got endorsement from mainstream product? Brian Boitano? It's time to give US male skaters some support and recognition.

Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning, and Katia Gordeeva were used for a bunch of ads for Target in 97-98

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Great for Evan and the skating generally that he got the endorsement!!!