Festa on Ice Show in Seoul
Premiere A - a program about Nobu's comeback at Festa on Ice. Some sad clips :(, an interview with Nobunari, another one with his mum, and another one with coach Morozov. Also, some great clips from the performance. It's too bad the entire performance wasn't broadcated, because it's really difficult to appreciate Nobu's skating properly while watching the homevid (but still, it's good that there was someone nice enough to film it and upload it ).
There are also a lot of practice videos on YouTube including ones of Johnny and Yu-Na skating pairs.
Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
Lots of good skating.
Funny how Morozov has switched to giving interviews in Russian
Wicked Yankee Girl
LOVE Johnny's programs.
Thank you for the links.!!
L'art pour l'art
That's one hell of a Biellmann-Position. I loved Arakawa, the spiral sequence was amazing, the landings on her jumps were as soft as ever...
I adore Johnny's new program, I am glad that he is trying new stuff - as long as we still get to see Ave Maria as an encore...
Johnny and Yu-Na only did a tiny bit together - but it looked good...
Johnny's Bluesy number was perfect. He's really come of age.
WOW Johnny. Thanks for the links.
You can watch the whole show here (The link will be deleted in 3 days):
I really loved Johnny's taste in music. Nina Simone suited him perfectly.
Also loved Chris De Burgh from Savchenko/Szolkowy.
Shizuka delivered a very classy, mature program.
Yu-Na was lovely as ever.
Thanks for the 'nexcare' posts. myasada!
The following is some of the captions that went along the photos.
- Arakawa had a cold... (if she can skate like that under bad condition... ooooo)
- Johnny Weir likes to have his stuff perfectly organized and aligned... water, tissue, blade guard, jacket... On the other hand, Takahashi is the opposite, carefree, whatever in everything but skating...
- Patrick was adored by Korean fans... he skated so well that even Orser and Wilson was jumping and screaming for him.
One of this blogger's friend expressed that his favorite was Partick’s performance... however, something seemed to get lost during the translation, then somehow Patrick panicked at first and started to laugh... saying "just as friends...right?"
- Brian Orser in his interview said, he was particularly impressed with Arakawa both technically and artistically.
- David Wilson LOVED Arakawa's performance and went hysterical almost to the point that people around him thought he was having a seizure. After the performance he was all over her... gave her a rose, kissed on her hand and cheeks... but she couldn’t say much as her English was very limited.
- Among many things that David Wilson seemed to like about Korea... was the wireless connection available in the arena.
- Scott was goofing around most of the time asking every man to 'pair dance' with him Also, it was hard to take pictures of him during the rehearsal because he would immediately notice and storm towards the camera like a “frilled lizard”... However, he was dead serious when it came down to his performance. What a transformation!
p.s. I wonder if anyone knows more about Patrick's performance...
Last edited by jyshin; 05-18-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Thanks for the translations, jyshin! Love to hear inside information about this show!
Big, big THANK YOU