Dubreuil and Lauzon retiring | Golden Skate

Dubreuil and Lauzon retiring

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the report but it makes me kind of sad too. I was hoping they would stay for the Olympics but if they're happy I guess I am too.

Dee

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
It's such a shame they're not staying to participate in the next olys. I didn't always manage to get into their programs, but I appreciate their attitude to skating, their originality and the quality of their work. Good luck to them.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think this is the first time it is official. I hope they continue skating in shows occasionally. They are one of the best pro skaters out there today.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Aww..I heard today on the radio that a skating couple were retiring after 13 years of figure skating, I did not catch the name, but thought it might be an ice dance team or a pair team - now I know! Thanks.

I thought it might be a large outside hope at best that they would want to hang around for the 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver. Oh well, they helped to lay a strong foundation for future Canadian dance teams who are coming up the ranks. I will miss seeing their wonderful chemistry together and beautiful flow on the ice. It was treat to watch.

All the best to them no matter what direction their skating takes them. Who knows maybe they will be coaching the next Canadian ice dance champions!!

:bow::bow::bow:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
With COI being cancelled, it's not an exaggeration to say that signing up with SOI is probably as hard as earning a world medal these days. They had a great year with SOI and I'm sure they'd like to retain it at this stage of their career.

lmarie086

Medalist
I can't say I'm surprised, but I will miss seeing them on the competitive scene. Such quality skaters. I wish them well with their wedding in the future and their skating with SOI; they really seem to have enjoyed themselves this past year.

Oh, no!

I didn't want to see them go! Well - it's time to say thanks and well done to this gorgeous team. :bow: May your marriage be blessed and may you continue to flourish in your pro career. :clap:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not surprised, but I wish them the best in their forthcoming marriage :love: & professional career. I've enjoyed them so much ever since they skated to the soundtrack of "Life is Beautiful," They were terrific in SOI this season :bow: :clap:, and I hope they will continue to skate in SOI for a number of years to come, as well as in other skating shows.

cotillion

Rinkside
To be sure I am very sad ,but I wish them the very best, and thank them for bringing the dance back to dance!!:bow::bow: