Yamaguchi to Wave Green Flag at Indy 500 | Golden Skate

Yamaguchi to Wave Green Flag at Indy 500

Previous to her tenure on DWTS, Yamaguchi was best known for winning the gold medal at the 1992 Winter Olympic Games.
Olympics, Schympics -- she won the Dancing With he Stars Disco Ball Trophy!!! Now she's really SOMEBODY! :laugh:

owensmom

Spectator
LOL. I would assume they meant to the demographic of DWTS who are teenyboppers and have never seen Kristi skate. She's a superstar now -- way bigger than she was in 1992. I saw in Variety that they plan on developing a talk show for her, and that she's adamant that she wants to move away from any kind of "sports" announcing,

Quite a transformation for Kristi :love: if she takes on a talk show! She used to be so shy she would hardly say a word.

When Scott Hamilton retired from full-time skating in Stars on Ice, the cast planned a special celebration at one of the stops to honor his carreer. Scott said afterwards, I knew something was up when Kristi, as shy as she is, took the microphone! :laugh:

Today, the Indianapolis 500; tomorrow, she be pushing Jimmy Kimmel off the air! :rock: Strike while the iron is hot, girl! :yes:

skamper23

Medalist
I was wondering what kind of offers she'd get after winning DWTS! I hope we get to see more of her !!!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I watched specifically to see her wave the green flag today and ABC didn't even pan close enough to see her! I'm glad she was there and it looks like she was having fun. :)

Now this question is being raised -- will Kristi's grand slam be enough to catapult Dancing with the Stars into Emmy consideration. The best "reality" show, beating out perennial champ The Amazing Race?

Will Mark be up for an Emmy for choreography?