Entries at SC International | Golden Skate

Entries at SC International

Skate Canada has the most top tier skaters in the mix! This contest is a little Worlds!.

Since I'm not sure of going and will have to rely on ABC which will only show Sasha and Sokolova, I'm not sure of the following:

Lambiel, Timchenko and Jahnke. Rochette, Sebestyen, Basova.

I would love a report from those in-person lucky ones who see the whole competition. And thanks in advance.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
GOOOOOOOOOO Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto!!!

I hope the kick major tushie this year... :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Skate Canada > Entries at SC International

Thanks! Great line-up!

Janet B

Spectator
Hi! ,

I will be at Skate Canada and will write a review after the event, but I don’t recognize a lot of elements so it will mostly be my impressions and gushing about my favs and what costumes I thought were awful/great.

Since this is my first competition I have a couple of questions.

How do you go about attending practices?

Are you allowed to bring in flowers/stuffed animals for the skaters or do you have to buy them on site.

Janet

Lynn226

On the Ice
Janet, good questions!

Have you received your tickets yet?

I think that the website indicated that it could take up to two weeks for non-Canadian orders to be delivered. If mine don't come tomorrow, then I'm going to give them a call.

Janet B

Spectator
Well I am Canadain and have not recieved my ticket yet so I don't know when we are going to get our tickets, I plan to call at the end of the week

Janet

I phone today (Thursday 25) the tickets are to be printed and sent early next week

Last edited:
Janet - For writing up your report - go with the audience - they know something smart has happened.

You can go to practice sessions if you have a ticket that says so. At least that is the way is was in DC Worlds which I attended.

In DC Worlds, there was some security checks with packages for inspection. As far as I know, there was no tearing apart of teddy bears. check with the arena security on what they will be looking for.

And don't forget, I'm expecting a report on Lambiel and Rochette.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
What about Yagudin's slot at Skate Canada and Lalique?

Alexei indicated he would be unable to compete this season, yet the most current roster still shows his name.

Shouldn't Russia either find a replacement or give up the slot?

dfj

On the Ice
euterpe said:
What about Yagudin's slot at Skate Canada and Lalique?

Don't know about Lalique, but I don't think Yags was ever scheduled for SC - luckily, we get Plushy this year!!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I can't wait to see Moskvina's new students, Obertas & Slavnov!

euterpe

Medalist
You are right. It is CHINA and Lalique, not Canada.

But the question still stands. The competition in Beijing is just 4 weeks away. Who will skate in Yagudin's spot?

Ximena

Final Flight
hmm maybe Klimkin will be healthy enough to make it to China instead of Yagudin?

T

toughkid_01

From what I've read there are alot of the Russian athletes injured this season. Why?
:confused: