About Kimmie | Golden Skate

About Kimmie

McWicked

On the Ice
When will we know about Kimmie's choice??? Has she decided 4 a place yet??? Fort Lauderdale or UD???

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
When will we know about Kimmie's choice??? Has she decided 4 a place yet??? Fort Lauderdale or UD???

I would not imagine that returning to Delaware is happening for Kimmie. She and Richard seem to have 'clicked' and he seems to have long-term plans for her. I never heard of anyone changing coaches for one competition. I would assume that she will be going back to Delaware during periods in the summer to see her family and freinds, but other than that i can't see her going back to pam. her name ain't sasha.

fairly4

Medalist
personnally i don't think richard will help.
i saw japan open, she is sloppy with jumps. small, and underrotated, wrong edge take off still, the only thing he helped her with was speed and flow.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Richard can't change her over night or in just a few weeks... she has to forget the crappy season she's had and focus on the future... which is very hard when so many are counting you out.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Richard can't change her over night or in just a few weeks... she has to forget the crappy season she's had and focus on the future... which is very hard when so many are counting you out.

ITA. I think we're basically expecting too much in just a few weeks. She needs the summer and perhaps most of next year. I don't really expect to see the result of the two of them working together until at least Nationals in 2010--that may sound like a long time, but Kimmie needs to focus on her goal as a whole skater, not just winning competitions right away. But then again, one wonders how long she wants to stay around on the scene.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
ITA. I think we're basically expecting too much in just a few weeks. She needs the summer and perhaps most of next year. I don't really expect to see the result of the two of them working together until at least Nationals in 2010--that may sound like a long time, but Kimmie needs to focus on her goal as a whole skater, not just winning competitions right away. But then again, one wonders how long she wants to stay around on the scene.

right. think about how long kimmie was with gregory. all the bad habits that she had while skating with her will not go away over night. Fixing your jumps is not easy, its not like learning to hold you spins longer or putting a double loop at the end of a combo. She needs to totally re-work her flip, pay a lot of attention to getting her lutz consistent and stop cheating her second jump in her 3/3 combos. There are many things she can work on, including new programs and getting better spiral postions, but we can't expect this in one summer. If Kimmie is looking for an olympic medal she will need to work VERY hard these next two years. I would recommend skipping the GP series. She could put that time to better use at home working.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
i saw japan open, she is sloppy with jumps. small, and underrotated, wrong edge take off still, the only thing he helped her with was speed and flow.

Really, wrong edge jumps? Kimmie only has problems with the edge on the triple, however Kimmie did not use this jump in her FS at the Japan Open (she did 2 triple loops instead). Personally I think that her Japan Open FS was her best FS in a WHILE with no falls and only one call on underrotations. Plus I only noticed one sloppy jump (her second triple lutz).

Personally I do think Richard is helping her and you could clearly see it in her Japan Open FS compared to her other FS' this year.

Really, wrong edge jumps? Kimmie only has problems with the edge on the triple, however Kimmie did not use this jump in her FS at the Japan Open (she did 2 triple loops instead). Personally I think that her Japan Open FS was her best FS in a WHILE with no falls and only one call on underrotations. Plus I only noticed one sloppy jump (her second triple lutz).

Personally I do think Richard is helping her and you could clearly see it in her Japan Open FS compared to her other FS' this year.
Fans who don't like a skater and particularly if they are a top 10 skater will see things in competitions that the judges do not and even the caller. Just pass on after reading.

Personally what I think Kimmie could use is a few programs where she she 'sells' them rather be lyrical. That's what Ms Lipinsky did. Kimmie should try Die Fledermaus at least for an exhibition to see how it goes over.

Joe

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Personally what I think Kimmie could use is a few programs where she she 'sells' them rather be lyrical.

I agree. Kimmie has not learned how to perform to an audince. she does not have that star quality that tara, sasha and naomi had.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty

Well I saw Kimmie live in Stars on Ice and her jumps were gorgeous. Good height and definitely clean. She did have trouble with one triple lutz, because she got too close to the edge of the rink and had to pull out. But the take-off of the lutz was perfect, and all her other jumps were really textbook perfect.

And to the poster that said Kimmie doesn't perform to the audience, she DEFINITELY did at SOI. SHe was looking people in the eye, reaching out to the audience, she really connected with people. In fact, my cousin who went with me, who happens to not know anything about skating and didn't even know who Sasha and Kimmie were, pointed out that Kimmie was a really good performer and played to the audience while Sasha was more cold and almost ignored the crowd.

Last edited:

dewey

Rinkside
I agree with Awesome. I have seen Kimmie perform live, and she is delightful. She does, however, lean on Top 40-type pop music for her exhibitions. I think part of the problem is that she does not have a very broad understanding of music and for competitions gets stuck on overused pieces that are too heavy or dramatic for her. (Come to think of it, this could be said for a lot of skaters...)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I agree with Awesome. I have seen Kimmie perform live, and she is delightful. She does, however, lean on Top 40-type pop music for her exhibitions. I think part of the problem is that she does not have a very broad understanding of music and for competitions gets stuck on overused pieces that are too heavy or dramatic for her. (Come to think of it, this could be said for a lot of skaters...)

Many skaters have this issue where they perform so differently at shows and at competition. You find yourself wondering "why can't she skate like that when it counts?" This shows that is is not a matter of "just not being the artistic type" or "being unable to feel the music" it is that in competition she is using classical music which she is obviously not familiar with. She probably also puts a lot of pressure on herself to land the jumps so her focus is not on the musical nuances.

Linny

Final Flight
20%

When you compete in my sport, you loose about 20% of what you can do outside a competition. No doubt it's the same for figure skating.
Linny