Jenny Kirk and Fedor Andreev | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk and Fedor Andreev

london_calling

On the Ice
I didn't know these two had paired up at one point till I saw this fluff piece: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ERt481kshjU

I was wondering if anyone knew why these partnership did not last? I don't think they ever competed together but I'm not sure.

Shame, because I think Jenny would have made a great pairs skater.

Cool, thanks for posting that!

This feature made it seem like a done deal that Kirk and Andreev would start competing in pairs in 2004. ASAIK we never heard anything more about it.

How young Tanith and Ben looked in 2003! :)

The citizenship thing always makes me feel that the whole structure of ISU rules for pairs and dance out to be revised to allow teams to compete on their own without worring about what country they represent. I guess that would be impossible for the Olympics, though.

skatergirl45

On the Ice
Never heard of that partnership. I wonder how long it lasted, just over the summer? Because Jenny competeted for the last time in singles in 2005 Nats, placing 4th.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Seeing this, i dimly remember hearing that Jenny was trying pairs. I think she would have made a very good pair skater. She did not have the hardest jumps, so that hurt her in singles, but she had a very good 2 axel and 3 toe. Her flexiblity was not anything like sasha or michelle, but good enough for pairs. I think she was rather tall for a skater... 5'5 or 5'6 even, so maybe that's why it didn't work out.

^ Jenny's biography lists her at 158 cm -- about five two-and-a-quarter. I think she seems taller because she is very slender and elegant-looking.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
From what I gather, the two became interested in other things after that season. Jenny wanted to pursue a career outside skating, and Fedor wanted to race his cars. That, coupled with the citizenship requirements made it difficult for those two to keep skating together.