Mao left for Russia to work with Tarasova | Golden Skate

Mao left for Russia to work with Tarasova

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
I figured that some would wonder what she is up to and who her coach will be.

Mao left for Russia on May 31st to get a new LP from Tarasova. No words on SP yet, so it is possible that she may recycle this year's. Up until she left, she kept a very low profile and also kept the media exposure to a very minimum in order to concentrate on her training, especially her strength, fitness, endurance as well as triple salcow. Mao said in her interview that she felt much stronger than she was at the end of last season and is ready to take on new challenges.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Mao will be going to Canada shortly after she returns from Russia to have her SP choreographed by Lori Nichol.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, can't wait to see what Tatianna comes up with for her.

Dee

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow, can't wait to see what Tatianna comes up with for her.

excellent move again Mao! Tatianna made a masterpiece for her Short last year, so having her do the freeskate is great. I wish she had Terosova do both programs, but Lori seemed to work well with Mao as well. I can't wait to hear what music she has chosen!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that we have all been speculating this for a while but it finally came true!
Do you by any chance have a source fumie_fumie? I would love to read an article!

Mao has everything she needs in the way of an LP. She could use TT for a new program. TT has a very fine sense of muicality and enhancing a performance. I don't think Mao really needs her. If she is sticking with Lori, she will continue to be a lyric performer. Nothing wrong with that, but I think TT would have put a little bravura in her style. That would be grand because Yu Na has both bravura and Lyric styles.

Joe

kandidy

Final Flight
The news said she is to stay there for 10 days to get her LP choreographed with Tarasova. Since she wants her LP this year to be more "dramatic". And then she will go to Canada and work with Nichol on her SP.

inskate

On the Ice
That's great news. I can't wait to see the result of Mao and Tatiana's work together. I loved Mao's SP at Worlds, I think that was the most dramatic performance of hers I've seen. :)

SXTN

Final Flight
bad idea... i don't think mao and tarasova works out well... she is trying to make an "overdramatic"-cohen type of mao which doesn't suit her at all. doesn't seem natural to me, just overacted. IMO, lori has a much better sense
in underlining mao's natural musicality and elegance with quiet and simple choreographies ( just imagine she would skate to the nocturne program once again where she has matured so much over the past 2 years; it would take you out of your seat). with tarasova's "russian-in-your-face"-sp of this season mao also didn't receive one of her best pcs scores by the way...

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
first of all, she has to work on her facial expression. Her movement on the ice is fluid and beautiful, but her face is so without expression, I wonder if she really relates to her music. I hope Tarasova can help her improve on this.

M

myasada

bad idea... i don't think mao and tarasova works out well... she is trying to make an "overdramatic"-cohen type of mao which doesn't suit her at all. doesn't seem natural to me, just overacted. IMO, lori has a much better sense in underlining mao's natural musicality and elegance with quiet and simple choreographies ( just imagine she would skate to the nocturne program once again where she has matured so much over the past 2 years; it would take you out of your seat). with tarasova's "russian-in-your-face"-sp of this season mao also didn't receive one of her best pcs scores by the way...

ITA..