Hey!!! It's November - Again... | Golden Skate

Hey!!! It's November - Again...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well a typical start to our summer here in good ol' BC, rain, rain and more rain. It's so cold today, it feels like November weather all over again. I was just about ready to put away my winter clothes.

Is there some place out there where the sun is shining?

I am not a happy camper!!!!

:mad:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully this will pass. The weather in Philly this spring was quite chilly, even through May. I didn't change over the closets to spring clothes until late April, and even then we had to keep some warmer clothes on hand. We've got some heavy rain today, but the warm, sunnier weather will be back by Friday, with heat wave conditions (3 days of 90 degree F + temps) by Saturday.

Blue Bead

Medalist
Tomorrow when the temperature hits 90 I'll be wishing I had some of that cool, almost cold Canadian weather, LOL. This has been the weirdest weather lately; I'm not sure global warming is entirely to blame though. I'm in Ohio and last week I nearly froze when the temperatures dipped to the very low 40's at night. Last night we had severe thunderstoms and tornado watches and warnings. I looked at my rain gauge this morning and there was 2.5 inches in it--in just one day! Tonight the weather is on track for more rain and severe storms, hail and possibly tornados. Yuck, lol. All I want is normal weather patterns; this dramatic stuff is a wee bit too much now.

Jhar55

Medalist
For once here in Kentucky we had a spring. But it's now the sun is shining and it's been in the 90's and humid. Summers here.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
For once here in Kentucky we had a spring. But it's now the sun is shining and it's been in the 90's and humid. Summers here.

Lucky you!!! Today it poured rain all day. The weather man is calling June - Junuary or Junvember - it's just yucky, soggy and cold - just like winter. We are hoping for better weather soon.

Enjoy your sunshine!

sillylionlove

Medalist
I for one am so looking forward to mid 90 degree weather in the beginning of June here in South Jersey...NOT!! This is going to be July weather. It's too early for this kind of weather...makes me kind of scared for what is going to come in July and August!!

ToePick

Rinkside
Anyone who wants sun is welcome to borrow some of ours. June in Arizona = sun, sun, and more sun. The temperature should be over 100 most of the 30 days of June. Family superstition says that if it rains in June, we have poor rains in July and August. In other words, rain in June is rare and perhaps unwanted.

Actually, we have had a really cool early summer -- the first 100 degree day wasn't until May 17! -- and we've had several cool spells in addition to that. :) Wednesday and Thursday, our highs were only in the 90s!! :)

Our air conditioning is currently on the blink (getting fixed tomorrow, hopefully), which keep the temperature inside hovering around 90 (we got down to the low 80s overnight). It also keeps us out of the house during the day!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Hasn't been really hot here yet. In low 90's. BUT - Tornadoes, thunderstorms, lightning, high winds have been fierce!! Huge branches have broken off my trees. (Almost 40 year old soft maples.) Lots of rain. Really tired of it by now.
And there's still lots more to come. Be thankful you're not having tornadoes.

:sheesh::sheesh::sheesh:

eliza88

On the Ice
Lad...I feel your pain! I am in Seattle and it is completely November outside!! I like the rain but c'mon!! Feelis like it's been raining since last July! Oh wait a minute...IT HAS!!! On a positive note, my skin feels fresh and dewey! :biggrin:

eliza88

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Please send some of that cooler weather down here. Humidity and temps in the upper 90's already. There's no spring to speak of in Florida. Just one big long hot summer.

heyang

Record Breaker
I for one am so looking forward to mid 90 degree weather in the beginning of June here in South Jersey...NOT!! This is going to be July weather. It's too early for this kind of weather...makes me kind of scared for what is going to come in July and August!!

I'm with you. I hope this if a fluke. I've got guests coming at the end of June for a week and I hope I won't have to have everyone sleep in the same room because the AC upstairs isn't powerfull enough to really cool down the bedrooms for sleeping during this early heat wave.

I do remember that we had a really 2 very cool evenings in August a few years back. It was very distinct because several family members were staying with me for my cousins wedding and all of them had to borrow a sweatshirt or jacket from me because it was too cool to go without in the evening. I'm hoping for weather like that - warm during the day and comfortably cool in the evening. That's why late spring and early fall are my favorite times of the year with regards to weather.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Believe it or not but it is snowing in western Montana today! We even had a power outage for 1/2 an hour this morning. The temperature is around 34 degrees. I'm not on a mountain either. I live in a valley.

Ladskater

Record Breaker

eliza88

On the Ice
The front page of The Seattle Times has a headline: It's colder in Seattle then Siberia!

I will take 50's over 90's any time!!! But brrrrr, it's cold! I have worn a turtleneck for the last few days!

eliza88

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Lad...I feel your pain! I am in Seattle and it is completely November outside!! I like the rain but c'mon!! Feelis like it's been raining since last July! Oh wait a minute...IT HAS!!! On a positive note, my skin feels fresh and dewey! :biggrin:

eliza88

Our Province does not earn the title "Beautiful BC" for nothing!!! The rain keeps our forests and lawns lush and green and our flower gardens blooming like crazy. However, we are all sadly lacking in vitamin D and it would be great to feel the sun's rays every now and then. At least today it is not raining and the sun has peaked out to let us know it is still there!!

Thanks for your reply.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
More nasty weather here. Winds, lightning, hail, floods, tornadoes!!! We do get sun in the daytime, which means more tornadoes in the eve's and nights.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
More nasty weather here. Winds, lightning, hail, floods, tornadoes!!! We do get sun in the daytime, which means more tornadoes in the eve's and nights.

It looks like more than gas prices are crazy (a $1.43 per litre here), the weather is too!!!!

:biggrin: