Morozov blames agent for split with Takahashi v.2 | Golden Skate

Morozov blames agent for split with Takahashi v.2

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wouldn't say it's the *true* version... just the truth from someone's point of view (yes it's a paraphrase from the great Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi...)

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I wouldn't say it's the *true* version... just the truth from someone's point of view (yes it's a paraphrase from the great Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi...)

Same here.
If this is true, then Dai's agent must have a certain amount of power over him for him to stop working with Nikolai. It's still a wierd story.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. Drama. I think we all knew somthing was going on here behind this split, considering Oda and Takahashi are good friends. I wonder if that is true about the agent being to blame for not skating well at worlds. WE often try to come up with answers to why a skater fell apart here or there... injury, coach problems, inconsistency..I never thought of blaming the agent. It will be interesting to see how Takahashi skates next season and who he hires as coach. Same goes to Mao.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Same here.
If this is true, then Dai's agent must have a certain amount of power over him for him to stop working with Nikolai. It's still a wierd story.

From reading the interview with Morozov it sounds like both Morozov and Dai's agent gave him the ultimatum of "it's him or me".

Ant

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"I have not talked about this with anybody but you," he said. "I want you to put in the newspaper that I said, 'Ihara is a liar.' I want the truth to be known."
I guess this sums up how Morozov really feels.

Dee

Morosov still does not give any details about just what got his goat with this fellow. The only thing he actually says is that the agent forgot to order Takahashi's new boots on time.

To me, the tone of the article was more about the writer patting himself on the back about how he knew it all along, and wasn't fooled like the gullible Japanese press. More details from Morosov and less self-congratulation from the columnist would have made a more informative story, IMHO.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken, Daisuke got a pair of new boots just a week prior to 4CC as well.

Anyways, I'm willing to accept Morozov's version of events under one condition: if Mr. Ihara gets credit for Daisuke's record breaking performance at 4CC from Morozov-san. And when that happens, I will dig into the matter of who's liar and who's not. JMHO.

Angelluv

Rinkside
Morozov should follow Priscilla Hill's example in regard to ethical behavior. He's totally inappropriate airing insider details, or his version anyway. ;)

Doesn't Daisuke have a Japanes coach as well as Morozov? If so, I think Daisuke should have asked for his advice if he is powerless over this decision.

Priscilla Hill brought Johnny to Tarasova. They had a long talk together before that, and when TT went back to Russia, Johnny had another long talk with Priscilla before he went to the other Russian coach. There was no animosity there at all, no Agent interferring. Daisuke has to grow up and take charge of important decisions.

Joe

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am sorry to hear that it has ended this way, but thanks for the article link, japanice. I have in the past seen that sometimes agents have a surprising amount of influence over their skater, so perhaps it is just another example of that. I hope things go well with Nobunari Oda and Nikolay Morozov in the coming season.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Doesn't Daisuke have a Japanes coach as well as Morozov? If so, I think Daisuke should have asked for his advice if he is powerless over this decision.

Priscilla Hill brought Johnny to Tarasova. They had a long talk together before that, and when TT went back to Russia, Johnny had another long talk with Priscilla before he went to the other Russian coach. There was no animosity there at all, no Agent interferring. Daisuke has to grow up and take charge of important decisions.

Joe

Yes. Dai has a Japanese coach. When Dai is in Japan, he trains with her.

vlaurend

Final Flight
If I'm not mistaken, Daisuke got a pair of new boots just a week prior to 4CC as well.

Wow, seriously? That's two pairs of new boots in an awfully short period of time, and right when no skater would want to be breaking in new boots. Was Dai having problems with his boots?

Morozov should follow Priscilla Hill's example in regard to ethical behavior. He's totally inappropriate airing insider details, or his version anyway. ;)

I am a huge Takahashi fan and not big Morozov fan, BUT. . . IF Morozov's story is true, then Takahashi and his agent lied to the media and have slandered Morozov. If someone says something untrue about you that harms your reputation, don't you have the right to tell your side of the story? (Of course, he could have been a little less hot-headed and a little more subtle, but let's face it, he's a"pyessionate" Russian ice dancer, not a politician. . .)

^
I don't get the association of Morosov/Takahashi with Hill/Weir!

Priscilla and Johnny were fine and very open about their split. So many skaters change coaches and this is what that was.

Morozov and Daisuke were not fine. Apparently, Daisuke was ordered to leave Morozov. Quite different.

Someone tell me how Mor/Dai is the same as Hil/Wei.or Tarrasova/Asada?

Joe

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Was Dai having problems with his boots?

I think he was having a sore toe, at some point.

Speaking as a huge fan to a huge fan, I think for a "pyessionate" Russian the guy knows a bit too well who to bark at. But that's just my impression.

discoduck

On the Ice
I'm curious as to what the real truth is. :) I have a feeling we will never know. Then again I wouldn't believe anything Morozov said even if he told me it was raining and I was standing in the middle of a thunderstorm at the time. :laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm more inclined to believe Dai, who generally comes across as a nice guy, over Morozov. If I'm not mistaken, this is not the first time Morozov has decided to work with a rival of one of his skaters - didn't he leave Tarasova over something similar? I also seem to recall him working with Plushy and Joubert at the same time (which did not go over well with Brian).

As for knowing ahead of time that Dai would do badly at worlds, either he's trying to make himself look smart, or he was not doing a good job as a coach. Honestly, if Morozov thinks something's not working with a skater, he should tell the skater, not the journalists. There's an interview here in which Joubert was told by the interviewer that Morozov said - two weeks before 06 Olys -that Joubert would not medal (http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2006/012007.shtml). He could have just said "go back to the Matrix" which strikes me as more helpful than what he apparently did say at the time.

He may be very good at putting together programs, but I think Mr. Morozov thinks a bit too highly of himself. And unless his comments were taken out of context, I think that was hardly a classy interview.