Morozov blames agent for split with Takahashi v.2 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Morozov blames agent for split with Takahashi v.2

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
unless the three parties involved actually sign up and post on these boards we're never going to have the facts. even then we'd have to read between the lines as there are three different stories to tell that all surround the truth...

coach changing happens all the time, nothing to lose sleep over!

soogar

Record Breaker
Oh, I'm not questioning Nikolai's work or what he brings to skaters, it's because Nikolai so far hasn't spent many years with a particular skater (except Yagudin), in people's minds he's less associated to his skaters' medals than Tatiana is to her's. With Tatiana's skaters, there's more of a "Tarasova's pupil" thing than there is a "Morozov's pupil" thing.

I disagree with that. Tarasova's recent success occurred while Morosov was working under her. I am also under the impression that Morosov was the one who worked the most with the skaters as he has continued to have success with skaters after he had left Tarasova.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I disagree with that. Tarasova's recent success occurred while Morosov was working under her. I am also under the impression that Morosov was the one who worked the most with the skaters as he has continued to have success with skaters after he had left Tarasova.

It's not the achievements or the work I'm talking about, it's the image. I agree with your annalysis, I'm just saying that one always hears about " Tatiana Tarasova's gold medals", but never about Nikolai's. In people's minds Nikolai is more associated to his actual work (the programs he came up with, the skaters he brought back to life...) than to a certain amount of medals, espacially as he hasn't had as many long-term partnerships with skaters as Tatiana (which is normal). He's more seen as the "magician of the momment" rather than the "long term coach".

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
unless the three parties involved actually sign up and post on these boards we're never going to have the facts. even then we'd have to read between the lines as there are three different stories to tell that all surround the truth...

coach changing happens all the time, nothing to lose sleep over!

Here here, Toni!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I believe in Nikolay Morozov and I believe in Nobunari Oda; I look forward to seeing the results of their collaboration this coming season. It will be so good to have Nobu back! As for Nikolay, he is loaded with talent; it was obvious to me the first time I saw him performing with a pupil who was a relative beginner, in a rink show. He designed a program that was very beautiful and appealing, but that someone at her level could handle. I was amazed then at how good it was.

I am sorry that Daisuke Takahashi will not be working with Nikolay any more, but at least that will make things simpler in terms of competition. I think it can be very hard to design programs for two elite skaters who are in close competition with one another; so many complications can enter into that.

Who did the choreography for Nobunari's Tosca, which he skates so brilliantly? If it was Morozov, I feel sorry for Takahashi.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
For the record - do we know who Takahashi IS coahing with now?
Daisuke is still with his coach of many years, Utako Nagamitsu. Nothing's changed in that regard.

Joesitz said:
Who did the choreography for Nobunari's Tosca, which he skates so brilliantly? If it was Morozov, I feel sorry for Takahashi.
Nobunari's official site says it's Morozov
http://www.nobunari.com/smilewind/profile.html
Oda's competitive programs, on the other hand, are choreographed by Lori Nichol.

You can tell Nobunari how brilliant he is here:
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/send.html

You can also tell Daisuke how sorry you are here:
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/send.html

You can't express your admiration for Morozov's work just as easily, I'm afraid, since he doesn't have a fan site. But Google's got his private address. So...send him a card? You're welcome.

lcd

Match Penalty
Always interesting to see who "takes the high road"... and who cannot seem to resist not taking the high road... while we are all certainly entertained by and generally unsurprised by the feelings (hurt, etc.) involved, it's still interesting to see where the jabs come from. Talking to the press... proceed at one's caution... seems a pretty basic rule to live by

I wasn't taking sides - just praising a program of Nobunari.and wondering who choreographed it.

Like Evan and Johnny, it's just a wait and see who rises above the other. As to who wins the Men's Division at the 2009 Worlds I would guess that anyone who predicts a winner is only hoping a personal favorite wins.

lcd

Match Penalty
OMG Joe Sitz.... am horrified to think my comments were construed as being aimed at your prior post... in no way intended as such... sincerest apologies if came across that way. I should read the entire thread more carefully... my bad...

The 'barb' in my comment was actually more to the general three header... whereby it seemed to me that Morozov himself has turned toward belly-aching about the break up.

OMG Joe Sitz.... am horrified to think my comments were construed as being aimed at your prior post... in no way intended as such... sincerest apologies if came across that way. I should read the entire thread more carefully... my bad...

The 'barb' in my comment was actually more to the general three header... whereby it seemed to me that Morozov himself has turned toward belly-aching about the break up.
Not at all ICD. I thought the Tosca was a fine piece for an SP. I didn't understand the post which kind of suggested/ordered me to write to their web sites. I couldn't think of any reason why I should.