Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Morozov blames agent for split with Takahashi v.2

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Here here, Toni!
    Here, here too!

Custom Title
    I believe in Nikolay Morozov and I believe in Nobunari Oda; I look forward to seeing the results of their collaboration this coming season. It will be so good to have Nobu back! As for Nikolay, he is loaded with talent; it was obvious to me the first time I saw him performing with a pupil who was a relative beginner, in a rink show. He designed a program that was very beautiful and appealing, but that someone at her level could handle. I was amazed then at how good it was.

I am sorry that Daisuke Takahashi will not be working with Nikolay any more, but at least that will make things simpler in terms of competition. I think it can be very hard to design programs for two elite skaters who are in close competition with one another; so many complications can enter into that.

Custom Title
    For the record - do we know who Takahashi IS coahing with now?

Who did the choreography for Nobunari's Tosca, which he skates so brilliantly? If it was Morozov, I feel sorry for Takahashi.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    For the record - do we know who Takahashi IS coahing with now?
    Daisuke is still with his coach of many years, Utako Nagamitsu. Nothing's changed in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Who did the choreography for Nobunari's Tosca, which he skates so brilliantly? If it was Morozov, I feel sorry for Takahashi.
    Nobunari's official site says it's Morozov
    http://www.nobunari.com/smilewind/profile.html
    Oda's competitive programs, on the other hand, are choreographed by Lori Nichol.

You can tell Nobunari how brilliant he is here:
    http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/send.html

You can also tell Daisuke how sorry you are here:
    http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/mes...ashi/send.html

You can't express your admiration for Morozov's work just as easily, I'm afraid, since he doesn't have a fan site. But Google's got his private address. So...send him a card? You're welcome.

Custom Title
    Always interesting to see who "takes the high road"... and who cannot seem to resist not taking the high road... while we are all certainly entertained by and generally unsurprised by the feelings (hurt, etc.) involved, it's still interesting to see where the jabs come from. Talking to the press... proceed at one's caution... seems a pretty basic rule to live by

I wasn't taking sides - just praising a program of Nobunari.and wondering who choreographed it.

Like Evan and Johnny, it's just a wait and see who rises above the other. As to who wins the Men's Division at the 2009 Worlds I would guess that anyone who predicts a winner is only hoping a personal favorite wins.

Custom Title
    OMG Joe Sitz.... am horrified to think my comments were construed as being aimed at your prior post... in no way intended as such... sincerest apologies if came across that way. I should read the entire thread more carefully... my bad...

The 'barb' in my comment was actually more to the general three header... whereby it seemed to me that Morozov himself has turned toward belly-aching about the break up.

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    OMG Joe Sitz.... am horrified to think my comments were construed as being aimed at your prior post... in no way intended as such... sincerest apologies if came across that way. I should read the entire thread more carefully... my bad...

The 'barb' in my comment was actually more to the general three header... whereby it seemed to me that Morozov himself has turned toward belly-aching about the break up.
    Not at all ICD. I thought the Tosca was a fine piece for an SP. I didn't understand the post which kind of suggested/ordered me to write to their web sites. I couldn't think of any reason why I should.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4