Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Sold My House

News I Sold My House

Finally. Not nearly as much as I feel I should get. Now I need to find one. Really hard to find one with a laundry on the main floor. Maybe some prayers?
    It took 10 months!!!

I guess the bright side is, with the housing market in a downturn, even if you didn't get as much as you hoped when you sold, you should be able to find a new house at a reasonable price. Good luck!

Custom Title
    I got a new job in a town about 40 minutes away from my old condominium, so I decided to move. I bought a new condo before I sold the old one. I hired a realtor and made some repairs on the old unit. I must have put about $6,000 woth of work into the place. So last month, I sold at very near the price I was asking. Prices at my old location had gone up considerably, even with the housing slump, and I was able to pay off my new mortgage with the profits.

Actually, there is one I am looking at but it needs all new flooring and painting. The people have not taken care of it at all. I will have to ask for a lower price as I only have what I am getting for this one to pay for it. The mortgage was paid off around 1980.

Congrats on selling your house, Grgranny. Best of luck finding another suitable house. Hope you get a good deal during these tough times.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Congrats on selling your house, Grgranny. Best of luck finding another suitable house. Hope you get a good deal during these tough times.
    I agree!!! Something will come along!!

Dee

Good Luck grgranny! My daughter & her husband recently sold their house after having it on the market for only 1 month & they got the price they were aiming for. She credits HGTV for all the tips they give on how to sell your home quickly. It helps, financially, if you can do most of the work on updating yourself.

Custom Title
    Good Grief! 10 months! Congratulations Grgranny and best of luck.

congrats, GrGranny. I know you've been planning this for a while now. 10 months is not bad in the general overall market.

My co-worker has a house in Bridgewater, NJ that's been on the market for almost 2 years now. He and his family moved to another place in Morristown. They are paying for mortgages on both. Yikes!

Congratulations on the sale! And much Good Luck to you in your house hunting endeavors.

I put a bid on the house that needs all the new flooring and it was accepted! So now I won't be homeless.
    I am excited but sure am going to be busy for the next few months. So scary. It's going to be very tedious as everything has to be done by a certain date to get moved in and out, etc.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Moving is such a lot of work.

Good for you, Grgranny!

It's a lot of work, that's for sure. Wishing you the best!

I put a bid on the house that needs all the new flooring and it was accepted! So now I won't be homeless.
    Congrats on the new home

We close on both houses Friday. Mind boggling. Slept one hour. Haven't found anyone to help with estate sale yet. People I wanted can't do it then, the 8th &
    9th. Most of the big outfits are crooks. Hope to move Aug. 4. Don't know how I'm going to get through all this.
    Supposed to be 100 today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast