"Old Time" Actors | Golden Skate

"Old Time" Actors

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
a spin off to my "black and white" movies thread...

My favorite 3 are
Cary Grant
Kathrine Hepburn
and
James Stuart

Cary Grant really proves Jim Carry and Adam Sandler are wanna be comedic actors. Yeah call it bashing, but I'm so sick of their foul minded(and mouthed) movies... they're big boys why do they need to show off their four letter repitoire and bathroom humor? It's just stupid. Cary Grant could be subtly funny... his facial expressions and his sarcastic way of saying his lines... he was perfect for every movie...

Kathrine Hepburn had to be the "female version" of Grant... she is so sarcastic in her movies, yet every part the heroine AND the damsel in distress. She was so life like and hilarious... if I were to be an actress I'd want to act like her :)(on camera anyway... no 27 year affair with a married dude... nope, not for me)

Jimmy Stewart; from It's a Wonderful Life to the Philidelphia Story to Harvey... and so many others... he is just down to earth funny... and yet so serious. I think the only thing I've ever liked of Jim Carry's is his "reinactment" of James Stewart's Harvey performance... the man sounds exactly like him! :eek:

ok enough gushing... how about you?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle:

I could not agree more. Not only were these actors talented, they made more movies in a short period of time than the new stars today make in a life time. They were under contract so had to produce. They worked hard!

I am also a huge Cary Grant fan. I was watching "His Girl Friday" tonight. Classic stuff! Cary Grant was the best. I love his antics in "Arsenic and Old Lace."

James Stewart and Katherine Hepburn are on my list as well. I also like Humphry Bogart - Casablanca - and Lauren Bacall. I always thought Lauren Bacall was one classy lady! Talk about style. The movie stars of today have nothing on her. They were great together - "To Have and Have Not"; "Key Largo." Great flicks!

Well I am really got on a roll here!

Another great pair was William Powell and Myrna Loy in "The Thin Man." They made several in the series. The dog (ASTA) stole a lot of the scenes.

Can't think of anymore, but I know I will later! Always do.

"Here's Looking at You Kid."

Pookie

Final Flight
I agree with you, Toni and Lad.

I love:
Jimmy Stewart
Cary Grant
Katherine Hepburn
Ginger Rogers
John Wayne
Maureen O'Hara
Irene Dunne
Myrna Loy
William Powell. . . . . . . .

This list could go on a long time. I love classic movies and classic movie stars. :)

Lucy25

Final Flight
**Lucielle Ball**
Cary Grant
Clark Gable
Vivien Leigh
George Peppard
Shirley Temple
Laurence Olivier
Natalie Wood
Maureen O'Hara

Lawrence Olivier; Marlon Brando; Spencer Tracy. There are more but those jump at me immediately.

Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Margaret Leighton, Jeanne Moreau. same note as above.

Suggested Film: Jules et Jim. See it and report back on what that ending was all about. I think it will be one of your all time favorites.

Joe

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
So many to choose from...

Absolute Favorite:

Audrey Hepburn

Others I love:

Katharine Hepburn
Cary Grant
William Holden
Bette Davis
Joan Crawford
Gregory Peck
Marlon Brando
James Dean
Vivien Leigh
Judy Garland
Olivia D' Havilland
Natalie Wood
Rossalind Russel
Sophia Loren
Laurence Olivier
Jimmy Stewart

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's so weird you'd think I'd remember Lucille Ball(the girl who played Lucy ;))... but I have a few of her "technicolor" movies and I didn't make the connection... there's another lady who never had to flaunt or be gross to be funny! :)

Also John Wayne is my G'Pa's favorite... but I'm not particularly a fan of his... my favorite movie of his is "Hatari!" My G'Pa for my 16th bday(themed the "Oscars") came as John Wayne in True Grit and he LOOKED JUST LIKE HIM LOL

I also want to add Shirley Temple to the list :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Suggested Film: Jules et Jim. See it and report back on what that ending was all about. I think it will be one of your all time favorites.

was that directed at anyone particular? :) What's it about?