Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: USA & Other Countries JGP Nominees announced

I hope the ISU puts out a grid on this as they do for the Sr.GP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I hope the ISU puts out a grid on this as they do for the Sr.GP.
    The pages are already there, but still come up with not available yet. Closing date for courchevel is the 25th so I would expect the first lists to be up around the 30th/31st.

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra_persch View Post
    The pages are already there, but still come up with not available yet. Closing date for courchevel is the 25th so I would expect the first lists to be up around the 30th/31st.

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER
    I know what you mean, but as much as I enjoy reading the snippits about various countries, I need the ISU grid so I can see how many young ladies and gentlemen are in the stables of their countries.

Does the US have another Rippon?
    Does Russia have another Boroludin?
    Does Japan have other Ladies besides seniors?
    Can Korea go beyond YuNa?
    Will Canada come forth in its Ladies?

There is much to get excited about JGP.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Wonder where Maia and Alex Shibutani will go, hope some place/ event that will get televised. I think they are very talented and polished for their age, and I'd love to see their new original and free.

Custom Title
    Interesting The Hubbles are remaining Junior. I also think the US will come up with lots of medals in Jr. GPs and the Jr. Worlds.

Joe
    Well, we're pretty much guaranteed gold in the ladies' event at Junior Worlds. Between Caroline, Mirai and Rachael, at least one of them is going back.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Well, we're pretty much guaranteed gold in the ladies' event at Junior Worlds. Between Caroline, Mirai and Rachael, at least one of them is going back.
    Wow, I didn't know this. Do you mean the USFS is sending one of the Three Graces back to Juniors?

Custom Title
    Wow, I didn't know this. Do you mean the USFS is sending one of the Three Graces back to Juniors?
    US can only send 2 ladies to senior Worlds in 2009. So at least one of Zhang, Nagasu and Flatt can't go to senior worlds next year. So we can safely assume at least one of them is going back to JW ( and maybe more depending on the results at US nationals).

I'm just guessing, but I doubt that USFS would send any of these ladies to junior worlds after a full season of competing both nationally and internationally as seniors and having achieved age eligibility for all senior competitions. What would be the point?

I do not think the USFS will take sides on this matter. When else did the US have 3 Lady challengers for gold in one season? (I do not think Jenny Kirk was a gold challenger.)

Custom Title
    I do not think the USFS will take sides on this matter. When else did the US have 3 Lady challengers for gold in one season? (I do not think Jenny Kirk was a gold challenger.)
    Can we get back to the JGPS pleasssssssssse

Custom Title
    Yes
    Of the more "obscure" skaters from Junior Worlds, I am hoping that Chelsie Lee, Allie Rout and Ivana Reitmayerova can have some good results. I thought Chelsie and Allie were really original and Ivana had great presentation (not to mention that she skated two perfectly clean programs and just barely missed qualifying for the Worlds LP).

Also thought Joshi Helgesson had nice potential.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes
    Of the more "obscure" skaters from Junior Worlds, I am hoping that Chelsie Lee, Allie Rout and Ivana Reitmayerova ... Joshi Helgesson
    I am really interested to see how they will get on this season. At her club championships this weekend Allie had a programm with 5tripples planned! She is attempting the 3R too

The only thing that bugs me is the timing of Australien and New Zealand Nationals. Allie might only be able to do 1 JGP as she is scheduled to be as a guest skater at Australiens in mid August.

Custom Title
    I really hope she and her team choose against that - a second JGP is more important than a guest skate at Australian nationals.

Rinkside
    Canadian Novice mens champion, Jackson Wood will be going to jgp France
    http://www.skatenb.org/home.php?PHPS...daa87f4ffc44fa

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahe View Post
    Canadian Novice mens champion, Jackson Wood will be going to jgp France
    http://www.skatenb.org/home.php?PHPS...daa87f4ffc44fa
    Doesn't he have to meet the published benchmarks at a summer competition before having a confirmed JGP assignment?

According to the Skate Canada 2008-2009 International Selection Process for the Junior Grand Prix:

"All skaters will be required to compete at a summer competition completing all portions of the event (SP/FS for men)."

also

"Skaters who have met the benchmark score (150 international, 155 domestic, total TES 78) the previous season may be considered for an early assignment but must compete and show readiness 30 days prior to keep the assignment".

Here are Woods' scores from last season:
    Total Score , Total TES, Event
    110.89, 67.12, Junior Nationals
    102.14, 61.50, Eastern Challenge

Clearly, Wood did not come close to meeting the benchmark scores last season. So far, he has not competed at any of the Summer competitions and he is not scheduled to be at Skate Detroit, Wild Rose, Thornhill or Quebec. The JGP event at Courchevel starts on August 27.

It looks as if the Skate Canada Selection Process is just another paper qualifier without any real teeth.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast