So You Think You Can Dance season 4 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance season 4

heyang

Record Breaker
Did anyone watch last night?

I thought Matt (who danced Jazz to Tainted Love) bears a striking resemblence to Evan Lysacek.

My favorite performance last night was Katee and Josha who did the Solider's Farewell hip hop routine. I found it very moving.

Overall, a really strong group of dancers. None of them blatently lacked in technique in any of the performances.

Twitch seems to be a sentimental favorite based upon the applause during the introductions.

Editing to add: Some of the camera work was REALLY bad.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^ Yah, what heyang said, except I failed to catch the Evan look-alike -- too bad!

My fave was Chelsea #1 and Thane, who did the cha-cha-cha type dance.

The judges remarks were funny, and I like the show better now that auditions are over. At least we get to see whole routines now, and a little less backstage drama.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was all set to watch last night but we had tornado coverage for 3 hours so the show was pre-empted. I did see the elimination tonight, no tornado coverage.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I thought Matt (who danced Jazz to Tainted Love) bears a striking resemblence to Evan Lysacek.
Good to know I'm not just an obsessive Evan fan who sees him in random people lol

My favorite performance last night was Katee and Josha who did the Solider's Farewell hip hop routine.
Me too, story aside I thought they were the best danced

Overall, a really strong group of dancers. None of them blatently lacked in technique in any of the performances.
no, but I was a little confused with some of the 'we loved you' comments from the judges as well as teh 'wow that was crap' comments lol... the soft waltz was not as awesome as they said it was, and her toes were not pointed even *I* saw that.

I thought Raven was better than the other girl... other than that I am not overly upset with the outcome from tonight. no one really stands out for me other than Josha

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
It's a general consensus over at FSU that Matt is an Evan clone. Nice solo last night. I disagree with Nigel that Matt lacks personality.

I also disagree with the judges that Jessica is on the show, and disagree even more that she deserves praise and am disgusted she wasn't cut last night. She's the dancer I will loathe until she's sent packing.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree, Pixie, that Jessica should have been the one to go. She seem to me that she dances, "heavily". Not that she is heavy, but she doesn't have lightness and grace...........42

CB1AB2

Medalist
I thought that Nigel's comment about dancing with a "broom stick up the butt" was very offensive and uncalled for = he showed a lack of professionalism ==

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he was pretty straight up and down, and I don't think professionalism is really all that important in a reality show

of the judges the only one I can't stand is Mary because she's a drama queen of massive proportions (she's just a taller Paula) and she grates on my nerves.

eliza88

On the Ice
My favorites this week were the hip hop Soldier Farewell (danced beautifully with so much emotion from both dancers), the Mia Michaels wedding dance, and I also liked the Broadway. I think many of the women are quite good and the lone stand out man for me is Will.

I didn't really like any of the female solos last night and am of the opinion that unless your gymnastics are like Neil's LEAVE IT OUT!

I too don't think Matt skates without personality...loved his solo and glad he is still there! Last year Danny was technically great but had blah personality at first...so here's hoping Matt will grow on everyone including the judges!

How did the disco dance not make the bottom 3?

eliza88

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
How did the disco dance not make the bottom 3?

Because people enjoyed it and Courtney (however she spells it) is personality plus, but in a fun, non-bogus way.

I love Joshua and Will. They are the true Prince Charmings of the show. Love Katee and Chelsi.

Let me see another week before I form deeper opinions.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Tornado reports here too. Spent some of the time in our "Fraidy hole". Who was sent packing???? Sure tired of all this nasty weather.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
he was pretty straight up and down, and I don't think professionalism is really all that important in a reality show

of the judges the only one I can't stand is Mary because she's a drama queen of massive proportions (she's just a taller Paula) and she grates on my nerves.

My husband calls her "HEE HAW."

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Some of the guys have fabulous feet. I loved Mias routine. I would love to see her do a skating routine. She is really creative and her choreography is so ethereal. I too missed the elimination. I did not like the disco routine and also thought it would be in the bottom three. I LOVE this show, because the dancers are all so good.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Did anyone watch last night?

My favorite performance last night was Katee and Josha who did the Solider's Farewell hip hop routine. I found it very moving.

Twitch seems to be a sentimental favorite based upon the applause during the introductions.

Editing to add: Some of the camera work was REALLY bad.

I thought the same things about Matt! and wearing all back helped too!

I really loved the weird wedding dance... it looked so effortless and i am a big fan of innovate choreography.

Loved the soilder's farewell dance. very emotional and powerful.

I like this show more than american idol!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mia's choreography s rarely a dud....

is Shane Sparks no longer a judge/choreographer on teh show? I know he's a judge on MTV's America's Best Dance Crew... and I think they're starting up their second season soon (the auditions were last weekend anyway)

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mia's choreography s rarely a dud....

is Shane Sparks no longer a judge/choreographer on teh show? I know he's a judge on MTV's America's Best Dance Crew... and I think they're starting up their second season soon (the auditions were last weekend anyway)

Shane is no longer a choreographer on the show because of a contract dispute. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with him working with a competing show, but I'm not sure.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Shane is the reason I'm watching the competing show (starts in earnest on the 19th if I heard Mario correctly lol)... Shane's my favorite.... he's so much fun!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I read a spoiler that said Shane is doing the choreography for the next group dance (top 18), don't know if that's true or not.

heyang

Record Breaker
Based on all the projects Shane is involved with, in addition to America's Top Dance Crew, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have the time to commit to SYTYCD.

He already had a great career going. If anything SYTYCD, just made the choreographers' names and work better known, but they all already had healthy careers beforehand.

Nigel made the 'tree' comment at the end of Vegas week about Matt. On the show, Matt took Nigel's comments as constructive criticism and made sure his personality came out during his performance. Nigel agreed that he did put it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Nigel made the 'tree' comment at the end of Vegas week about Matt. On the show, Matt took Nigel's comments as constructive criticism and made sure his personality came out during his performance. Nigel agreed that he did put it out there.

He called Chris a tree. He told Matt he still needed to work on his personality.