Scott Smith Makes U.S. International Team | Golden Skate

Scott Smith Makes U.S. International Team

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scott Smith was one of the surprises at the 2003 U.S. Nationals, finishing fourth in senior men to earn a spot on the international team.

» More

I've got to see this guy. Slowly but surely, US Men are beginning to realize they can be competitive. With Tim, Mike, and Ryun out front, the US now has Scott, Parker, Evan, Johnny, and Matt in the wings. The stable is looking almost as good as the US Ladies.

Joe

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Joesitz: I agree. In the years to come I hope our men's field gets stronger and stronger. I can't wait to see what's in store! While I'm not thrilled by Scott Smith's skating, he seems like a nice guy and I wish him the best.

S

SkateFan4Life

I agree. The future is starting to look brighter for the American men. There's far more depth in the men's ranks now, and that's a positive thing, obviously.

Let's hope ALL of the men skate their best at next year's Nationals. Please spare us from another splatfest!!

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Maybe I'm just a negative Nelly, but I don't yet see the upcoming depth in the mens field. There's still a lot going on in the ladies field though...I'll have to pay more attention to the men this coming season.

Hang in there Nansinger. The US men will be ready for 2006. If you know sports, you will know that one builds a team up from scratch. It's been a while since Boitano, but things are looking brighter. Now if I could just rebuild my Mets team, I would be a happy guy.

And yes, the US ladies are head and shoulders above all the others, imo. Two challengers: Yokina and Irina. Eso es!

Joe

ouridol

On the Ice
I agree that the U.S. Team is definantely getting stronger, but still has ways to go to match the U.S. Ladies (Sasha, Michelle, AP, Jenny, etc.) I think right now the Japanese ladies are the strongest, and now with Elena, the Russian team is even stronger than before. I don't particularly like Scott's skating but I do admire his hard work and I hope he has a great season.