Sergei Voronov: The Character of a Champion | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov: The Character of a Champion

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On practice ice, Russia's Sergei Voronov isn't always one who draws a lot of attention as his run-throughs often look less than convincing. However, when it counts, he can pull himself together and deliver the goods. This is the quality of a true champion and Voronov has it. He can focus when he needs to and he never gives up.

MORE

I see him as a very talented jumper not unlike Plushenko. His skating movements, however, seem a bit stiff, but I am sure Urmanov is working on that.

His 2008 Worlds' LP was super clean and he deservedly got a 4th place winning over some of the top Seniors.

If Plushenko skates the Russian Nats, there will either be Voronov or Lutai for the Worlds in Los Angeles. I'm not really interested in seeing Plushenko again.
But that's just me. I am sure Plushenko fans in the US and Russia will be pulling for Plushenko.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
If Plushenko skates the Russian Nats, there will either be Voronov or Lutai for the Worlds in Los Angeles. I'm not really interested in seeing Plushenko again.
But that's just me. I am sure Plushenko fans in the US and Russia will be pulling for Plushenko.

Joe

LOL, neither am I much interested to watch Plushenko´s skating, unless if he has renewed himself and will be skating to better choreography. Sometimes I wonder what had happened if it had been Plushenko who had moved to Tarasova in 1998....

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I certainly hope Voronov improves even more this year. He reminds me a lot of a very very very young Ilia Kulik. I hope he doesn't become like his coach, who had the strangest outfits and program concepts. I still remember Urmanov's first pro appearance, skating to Phantom of the Opera, in the strangest costume I have ever seen.:rofl: