Katie Orscher is Back! | Golden Skate

Katie Orscher is Back!

efreedman

On the Ice
See the feature on Ice Network.

I am so happy for her especially since I suggested Rusty Fein as a potential partner to her mother at the St. Louis airport after Nationals.

Since I live less than 15 minutes away from Simsbury, I'll try to go over and watch some of their practices. I know that I'll try to be any competition at which they will be.....sectionals?:rock:

skatergirl45

On the Ice
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be interesting how they are in the mix at the US Nats this year with I/B staying......
If only we had more spots for worlds............

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
"Since I live less than 15 minutes away from Simsbury, I'll try to go over and watch some of their practices. I know that I'll try to be any competition at which they will be.....sectionals?"

I know your intentions for this are very good, and I am SURE Katie more than appreciates your support, but I would call the rink and see if they know if Katie would be okay with you coming to her practices. Most skaters I know feel that their practice time is their work time. They aren't in a mindframe to have people watching them when they are practicing, and it can be a distraction. I am sure she would love the support at her competitions, though!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This is good news! I missed Katie, and hope that she has a successful comeback!

lmarie086

Medalist
Delighted to hear she's coming back! I always thought she and Garrett Lucash should have been on the Olympic team, and I'm glad she's returning to competition. I hope she and Rusty Fein do well together.

efreedman

On the Ice
I saw that. She is a happy gal. Will she have to go through Regionals?

According to a response that was on FSU, there won't be any pairs competition at the senior level at regionals. I guess that unless they appear at another open competition beforehand, they will be at sectionals. I'm there.