GP Question | Golden Skate

GP Question

antmanb

Record Breaker
I thought, a little while ago, that it was propsed that the order of the GPs would be swapped round so that it is not always SA, SC etc etc in order to give different countries the chance to have more competition ready skaters?

I thought it was starting this coming season. Does anyone else remember hearing about this proposal.

Ant

bibi

On the Ice
I thought, a little while ago, that it was propsed that the order of the GPs would be swapped round so that it is not always SA, SC etc etc in order to give different countries the chance to have more competition ready skaters?

I thought it was starting this coming season. Does anyone else remember hearing about this proposal.

Ant
If you take a look here: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html
You'll see that it's starting next season!:agree:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was USFS and their TV ally, NBC, who pushed for this change for the Olympic season. NBC TV clearly wants to package their pre-Olympic coverage as dramatically as possible. So with Skate America the last of the Grand Prix events, this will allow them a run of Skate America, U.S. Nationals, and the Olympics in a neat little publicity package.

^^
So maybe NBC will give 2009 SA a full program. That would be nice. It would even be better if they covered the other GPs to make it exciting.