Six of the 10 Top Ladies in the Worlds at Skate Amercia | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Six of the 10 Top Ladies in the Worlds at Skate Amercia

R.D.

Record Breaker
Having said all that, I truly have no idea how one would go about advertising to the casual fans who do not regularly access skating sites, magazines, etc.

I think the promos they had in various cities during the local news segments really helped. In cities with lots of billboards, that's another route.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It isn't just the bumbles and stumbles on the jumps that made the crowds react negatively to Kostner getting a medal and placing above Kim and Nakano.

Carolina's spins are very mediocre, her spiral sequence is unlovely, and the arm-flinging during the step sequence borders on comical. The edge she has over the Asian ladies is her speed and the height of her 3/3, but from an audience viewpoint, that doesn't make up for a messy performance.

Carolina, for me, has her moments, but I have never seen one complete program of hers where I could gush. I stil remember the one on 2005 Moscow Worlds where she really showed some promise, but it is 2008 now and nothing has changed. Let's give her another chance.

lcd

Match Penalty
I would agree with you JoeSitz... for so many years, what a brisk 'athlete'... but touching ones heart...? hmmmm.... If I could ask her one question, it would be "what single program would you most want to be remembered by?" Not sure there's an obvious answer... yet....